Multimedia

Author Topic: What's the status on new Odyssey products?  (Read 50529 times)

Offline dude...

• View Profile
Re: What's the status on new Odyssey products?
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2015, 05:49:22 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/-Q2h72TLDV/

looks a bit like a bushing, could also possibly be a race for unsealed bearings though
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline Oddity

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2015, 07:30:46 PM »
Yeah that's the one. I'm a bit confused as well. Hopefully it's bearingless and solves of the minor wobble of the JCPCs that they might replace.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2015, 08:44:04 PM »
i hope they dont replace the jcpcs cos those things are awesome. just gotta crank em down nice and hard if you dont want them to spin much
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2015, 08:52:10 AM »
G, I saw a couple posts on Instagram about the Dugan Grandstand pedals, but nothing showing anything special about the bearing system, spindle, or the like. Dan's has them in their catalog as well and they mention something about an unsealed bearing, I was under the impression they didn't use any bearings, but bushings instead.

Bushings/Plain Bearings. They are a teflon filled plastic. Couple of little design details help make the pedal easy to make so we can make it super affordable without having to use looseball which would make it either very thick or have a piss-weak axle. So far we've only really been showing the plastic ones, but we also have an aluminium version with steel pins which I am absolutely loving. Hopefully we will get the issues with tooling sorted out soon and actually start selling them!

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline Oddity

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2015, 01:11:02 PM »
i hope they dont replace the jcpcs cos those things are awesome. just gotta crank em down nice and hard if you dont want them to spin much
I meant they might replace my JCPCs, not that the Dugan's might be replacing the JCPCs in Odyssey's pedal repertoire permanently. No matter how much I tighten my JCPCs they develop a wobble shortly after, no big deal just bothers me a bit knowing it's there, otherwise I love them.

G, I saw a couple posts on Instagram about the Dugan Grandstand pedals, but nothing showing anything special about the bearing system, spindle, or the like. Dan's has them in their catalog as well and they mention something about an unsealed bearing, I was under the impression they didn't use any bearings, but bushings instead.

Bushings/Plain Bearings. They are a teflon filled plastic. Couple of little design details help make the pedal easy to make so we can make it super affordable without having to use looseball which would make it either very thick or have a piss-weak axle. So far we've only really been showing the plastic ones, but we also have an aluminium version with steel pins which I am absolutely loving. Hopefully we will get the issues with tooling sorted out soon and actually start selling them!

:)
G.
I just hope the spindle is as strong as the JCPC spindle.

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2015, 02:05:44 PM »

Any idea of the metal versions will be out before Christmas and what the MSRP will be?  I'm very interested in the metal version of these for some of my bikes. 
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Offline DAKINS

• Just ride your damn bike.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2016, 09:32:52 AM »
Any chance there will be an aluminum guard for the Clutch?  The polymer one lasted about a week before it cracked and part of it stared bending in-towards the spokes.  I had to cut pieces of it off to keep my wheel spinning.

I'm disappointed because it slides so well, but just doesn't hold up.

Drunk Jays fan

Offline montymitch

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2016, 03:28:29 PM »
Any chance there will be an aluminum guard for the Clutch?  The polymer one lasted about a week before it cracked and part of it stared bending in-towards the spokes.  I had to cut pieces of it off to keep my wheel spinning.

In the other thread G was talking about first production run issues that sound similar to yours. Hit them up for warranty.

Offline DAKINS

• Just ride your damn bike.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2016, 12:24:27 PM »

In the other thread G was talking about first production run issues that sound similar to yours. Hit them up for warranty.

Nice!  Thanks for the heads up.

Drunk Jays fan

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2016, 12:24:27 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special