Multimedia

Author Topic: General election  (Read 59216 times)

Offline MEAT

• I AM THE LAW
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: General election
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2015, 07:00:06 AM »
The NHS is one the best and most cost effective healthcare systems in the world. Fuck anyone who wants to "restructure" it.

The frontline of it is no doubt, but the management side of it certainly isnt, a mess of talentless executives on 6 figure salaries, squandering their budgets due to poor planning/decisions, while waiting for their lottery win pensions to mature.

Im not putting any particular political spin on this and i sure as hell dont want it privatised, im just saying it could be run much more efficiently.

Offline LukeTom

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2015, 08:03:30 AM »
The NHS is one the best and most cost effective healthcare systems in the world. Fuck anyone who wants to "restructure" it.

The frontline of it is no doubt, but the management side of it certainly isnt, a mess of talentless executives on 6 figure salaries, squandering their budgets due to poor planning/decisions, while waiting for their lottery win pensions to mature.

Totally agree.

On another note, Farage has now come back, I thought we got rid of that fucker

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2015, 04:02:05 PM »
Votes Tory, calls Farage a fucker. Basically the same thing
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2015, 04:07:34 PM »

Im not putting any particular political spin on this and i sure as hell dont want it privatised, im just saying it could be run much more efficiently.

I'm sorry, but that is pure shut.

I've worked with the NHS and my experience is that it is full of intelligent people being paid a wage they deserve, working over the expectations to improve services across the board for ungrateful cunts, whilst repeatedly having funds removed and being asked to cut corners whilst providing a better service than the year before. And that goes for both front line and managerial.

Sorry meat, you're funny occasionally but as far as I can gather you're a podgy graphic designer with no fucking clue about the NHS
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline MEAT

• I AM THE LAW
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2015, 05:28:38 PM »
Haha you cunt.

Most of my family has/does work for the nhs,  a few of my mates are Dr's and tomorrow I'll be spending most of the day stuck in a room with a bunch of miserable surgeons (drawing them the prettiest pictures with my crayons), the general consensus agrees with what ive said above. There are examples of stupid money wasting in every dept, the sort of thing that would never be allowed to happen in the regular corporate world.

Besides,  I think I remember hearing the average nhs executive salary is in the region of 180k? One of my mates (in a 'failing' hospital) was moaning his boss had received a 15% payrise this year on top of that too...

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2015, 04:34:06 AM »
zing

in my humble opinion it was labour who lost it rather than the tories who won it

i remember seeing ben milliband and thinking he was different to the usual shower of cunts but lo, he gets stabbed in the back and replaced with his brother who appears to of had a stroke

so what were the options?

lib dems - uni fees
greens - is that a vote for ukip?
ukip - i fucking despair
tories - 8bn nhs pledge? where's that come from? are we still in austerity? double dip recession? i don't know

when i broke my arm a few years ago i went to the royal london in east london, i was in physio for a few months with the same guy but different buildings over the course of time. it started out in the old building which looked like a mental asylum like you see in films with loads of staff helping lots of people. during this time we moved to the next and new building which was about four times the size and facilities for each physio and looked like the inside of a space ship. i remarked to my physio how lucky he was to have it to which he replied they were halving the staff leaving the ones who stayed with bonkers work loads. still, totally worth it to have another manager or two on board yeah?

Offline MEAT

• I AM THE LAW
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2015, 06:52:49 AM »
One of our smaller local hospitals did that recently,  then remembered they have patients to treat so hired back ALL the same staff, doing about 20% less hrs, on a contract basis, which means they're paid about 50% more. They aren't complaining.

Also a lot of my work for the last few years has been re-graphic designing perfectly functional stainless surgical tools, good for a few k uses, into relatively expensive single use plastic stuff, because the nhs logistics and sterilisation services are so monumentally useless, it's cheaper to bin stuff than risk the 20% loss/breakage rate they suffer when they try and get stuff cleaned.

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2015, 04:59:22 AM »
they probably think it's cheaper than getting sued every so often

Offline Hank Chinaski

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2015, 03:07:20 AM »
Just on the subject of hospital waste, I work in the ER and 100% of everything we use is disposable except for tooth extraction trays, chest tube insertion trays, the "blades" you use to intubate people, and the actual drill for putting IVs into bone (everything used except the actual drill is disposable).  Every scalpel, every pair of tweezers, forceps, wound stapler, blood pressure cuff, oxygen sensor, etc to infinity is disposable.  Even the pillows we have are one time use.  I've got no clue how it can be cheaper to throw everything away than to clean and reuse it.
Quote from:
His hair is alive with the crimson ghost of our father\'s lost adventures!

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2015, 06:30:20 PM »
Just on the subject of hospital waste, I work in the ER and 100% of everything we use is disposable except for tooth extraction trays, chest tube insertion trays, the "blades" you use to intubate people, and the actual drill for putting IVs into bone (everything used except the actual drill is disposable).  Every scalpel, every pair of tweezers, forceps, wound stapler, blood pressure cuff, oxygen sensor, etc to infinity is disposable.  Even the pillows we have are one time use.  I've got no clue how it can be cheaper to throw everything away than to clean and reuse it.

see above

Offline ABCD

• <3 ROLLIN\' DEEP BRUV
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2015, 01:21:44 PM »
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 02:28:28 PM by ABCD »

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2015, 01:21:44 PM »

-->