Multimedia

Author Topic: General election  (Read 59917 times)

Offline pegs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: General election
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2015, 06:46:55 AM »
that's the tory way!

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2015, 12:32:30 PM »
Hahahahaha.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2015, 06:28:37 PM »
You sound like a proper right wing twat. I hope you get fucked over no matter who gets in power, selfish as they come by the sounds of it.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2015, 10:35:16 AM »
Perhaps what you are saying is right, and perhaps if labour did not want to introduce a 'mansion' tax I would side with you and in fact I would quite like to, I do believe allot of what labour is putting forward. But like I said, no matter how much I believe, the conservatives are offering me £3k a year for the next 4 years for my vote. No amount of political idealism is going to argue with that.

So although pretty much the first thing they did when the coalition got in was to up VAT from 17.5 to 20% (which probably cost you a couple of grand) and put up tuition fees by many thousands (which might effect you if you are at Uni or planning to go), and put the stamp duty up (which you were also complaining about). That possible new 3k is the real killer?

What about when you come to try to get on the housing ladder yourself? I very much doubt you will be able to buy in London unless you are very very well paid, but even elsewhere in the country you are going to struggle thanks to the coalitions various policies which have driven up house prices even further from their already ludicrous levels, and represent about the only economic growth we have seen under them.

Tory policies are full of rampant short-termism. They abandon any long term goals like a well educated population, affordable housing, etc, in favour of quick political gains now, sell off utilities, sell off council houses, cut the top rate of tax, dismantle the steel and coal industries etc etc.

People moan about Labour selling off the gold "cheap" (when most other developed countries were doing exactly the same) but the Tories pissed away the north sea-oil revenues on smashing up the steel industry and coal mining just to weaken the unions. At least with Labour we got new schools and hospitals, the Tories left us with Poll Tax riots and a collapsing education and health system, and a new "service industry"...

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline MEAT

• I AM THE LAW
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2015, 02:46:41 PM »
Scrap a replacement for Trident

Yeah that's an odd one, what is it 150 bn, on a doomsday machine? Though I don't really feel qualified to make a judgement, it could be it's actually holding Russia etc from marching on teesside.
If that budget included the new subs they're planning that would make some sense, they have at least some practical uses than just ending the world, also their construction would all be in the UK too I think.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2015, 06:06:34 PM »
Our budget included new subs and the Tory pricks won a bunch of South Australian senators on the election promise that they would build them in SA shipyards, creating thousands of new jobs and maintaining a bunch of existing ones. In typical Tory fashion, everyone got fucked over and the contract is now going to Japan.

Japanese fucking submarines for the Australian Navy.
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline LukeTom

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2015, 07:04:03 PM »
Yes, but all of these policies were a nation wide scheme, not specifically affecting me, unlike the mansion tax, it feels like its pertaining to a very specific part of society. To be honest, Conservatives have kept me and my family well. Would labour be better? Perhaps, perhaps not, but I'm not planning on chancing it, like I said, the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. And Ginger, yes I am voting selfishly. I'm not loosing my house because I have some misplaced sense of moral responsibility to the country. Fuck that, I'm looking after myself just like everyone else in this country, I suggest you get off your moral high horse and do the same

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2015, 08:33:38 PM »
I'd rather have morals and 3k less p.a. than vote for a bunch of soulless cunts, thank you very much.

Offline LukeTom

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2015, 04:57:01 AM »
If you think Milliband or 99% of politicians aren't soulless cunts then you are deluded.

Offline _tom_

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tom_the_beast
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2015, 11:08:24 AM »
There is a policy comparison website, asks you a bunch of questions and tells you how much you line up with each party

Based on the one I used I suppose I should be voting Lib Dem really, I got 50% for their policies, 30% labour and 20% conservative. Is lib dem still a "wasted vote" though? Suppose it's one against UKIP so that's something.

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2015, 12:01:15 PM »
The 'wasted vote' idea is a load of shit invented by the big two parties to stop people voting for smaller parties.

Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2015, 01:11:12 PM »
Fuck that, I'm looking after myself

I'm willing to bet that touching sentiment would even stir a flicker of life in the lump of coal that resides in the chest cavity of your ham-face overlord.

Offline Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2015, 01:14:50 PM »
There is a policy comparison website, asks you a bunch of questions and tells you how much you line up with each party

Based on the one I used I suppose I should be voting Lib Dem really, I got 50% for their policies, 30% labour and 20% conservative. Is lib dem still a "wasted vote" though? Suppose it's one against UKIP so that's something.

It's a wasted vote in the sense that their manifesto may as well be written in disappearing ink and hidden at the end of a rainbow. Got in power and toadied up to Cameron, turning their backs on everything that made anyone vote for them in the first place. They're almost worse than the Tories. At least the Tories don't try and pretend that they're not cunts, which is about the only thing approaching respect I can offer their way.

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2015, 02:56:00 PM »
I think the Tories could of done a lot worse had they had a majority. Lib Dems could have done a lot better than they did though
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2015, 04:32:23 PM »
Working in a university everyone was rallying around to get everyone to vote Lib Dems on the promise of lower uni fees. They got in bed with the Tories and fucking TRIPLED them. Absolutely mind boggling.

If you're unsure just vote Labour. None of us are earning enough to be the demographic of the Conservatives.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2015, 04:32:23 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello