Multimedia

Author Topic: cruiser or 24 advice  (Read 16428 times)

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
Re: cruiser or 24 advice
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 06:13:17 PM »
again, thanks for the input

particularly cmc4130 for da knowledge. i think tom/ sasha nailed it in the first post but it's good to know why

and yes g, i really want to ride one to see what the fuss is about (hence the interest in this haro) for myself, luckilly for you i never leave london but thanks for the offer! however in return if you are ever in the big smoke you'd be welcome to come to an alleycat or do a checkpoint

that goes for anyone on here tho, next one's next friday (29th), check my subtle tumblr in my sig for upcoming events. if anyone wants to race you can ride any bike you like: brakes, gears, whatevs. pm me if so

edit: although i still don't understand if there is a difference between a cruiser and a 24" if someone could clarify

The idea behind the model C was to take freestyle BMX geometry and put bigger wheels on. So the BB is super high because it needs to feel like a freestyle BMX when you pull up, ie. you are starting from the same position relative to the wheel axle. With a high BB the BB (and so your feet) go up and back straight away, with a lower BB than the axle the BB will go forwards and up then straight up before it starts moving back. It also puts you more "above" the wheels than "between" them.
Head angle steeper, chainstays shorter (than a racey 24").

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline cmc4130

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 10:56:02 AM »
If you're talking about turn of the century 24" bikes for dirt jumping (and street, I guess) can't go past all the mountain bike companies. BMW Park Bike (and later ACL), DMR and all those small British companies you used to see in Dirt magazine.

Yeah, no doubt. . . . and what's going on currently with Danny MacAskill's Inspired Skye 24" (street/mtb-trials blend) as well as the 26" DJ/slopestyle/DH world blowing up.

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 09:10:43 AM »
Yeah, no doubt. . . . and what's going on currently with Danny MacAskill's Inspired Skye 24" (street/mtb-trials blend) as well as the 26" DJ/slopestyle/DH world blowing up.

He must have read all your posts regarding 24" bikes and saw the light.  :)
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 09:10:43 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special