Multimedia

Author Topic: New coasters (wtp + profile)  (Read 36366 times)

Offline Jobsy

• View Profile
Re: New coasters (wtp + profile)
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 01:12:04 PM »
Switchable cassette to freecoaster. vocal is custom riders parts company, a shop that's been going since 1984 in the UK.

Always seen Vocal as a catalogue part company, and as someone said Im quite sure its just a copy of the Ezra.

Im very interested in the Z-coaster. I had put a lot of hopes into the Blind hub but was bummed when it came to the local shop. The FC guy that worked there said it felt like shit and had a lot of drag. Tried out the new WTP Envy with it on it and it indeed felt like crap :(.
I talked to Mason about it and it's a bit different. But I know not so much, haha.

Offline LayLow

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 03:08:59 PM »
I've rode the Profile one a few times.... the whole pedaling back just to disengage it is way to weird for me.

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 03:48:02 PM »
does anybody know if a LHD ezra clone exists yet?

http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/429170/Saltplus_Trapez_Freecoaster_Hub.html

Also, note below 

Fuhhhh that's expensive...
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Offline Stoked

• dood.sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 04:39:53 PM »
I've rode the Profile one a few times.... the whole pedaling back just to disengage it is way to weird for me.

This kills it for me plus profile plus that price lol

Odyssey clutch sounds good right about now
Quote from: i am hollywood;3458649
The Ezra 'Q' freecoaster should be out in time to put on your 2012 christmas list

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 04:41:45 PM »

That's how every coaster works. You always need to back pedal to get the full amount of slack.

If anyone is interested:-

As far as I can make out, the Z-coaster works by having the pawls have an extra little "leg" on the inside that sticks back behind the pivot. Inside the driver there is the ring with three cams on it that can push these legs out to retract the pawls against their normal springs. This ring has an internal stop that dictates the "slack" and this runs on the outside of some sort of drag element on the axle that I cant see much of.

I am not going to make any judgement on how well or otherwise this will work because I will get too much shit for it but I hope this is informative. Sorry if I got it wrong and there is something else going on. 

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 07:37:32 PM »
does anybody know if a LHD ezra clone exists yet?

http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/429170/Saltplus_Trapez_Freecoaster_Hub.html

Also, note below 

Fuhhhh that's expensive...

its a similar price to the elites.

minis are $300AU over here so i imagine this coaster will be like $450 or summat
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline bluebmx

• Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 09:39:30 PM »
word on the street is that there is another company about to get into the non-clone coaster game... but could still be a few months out. It's an exciting time for non-backpedalers.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 02:00:08 AM »
Holy shit you got to be kidding me. That's outrageously priced.

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2015, 03:29:10 AM »
If it actually works maybe it isn't a bad price. I've yet to have a problem with my Nankai 3/8 bamboo. No pegs of course. I'm sure the 14mm NYB hubs would be great with pegs. They're looseball but I almost never have to work on mine, and when/if I do it is easy and quick. I think they're overlooked for how good they are.
Hangovers and trains

Offline tim_sch

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2015, 04:13:31 AM »
If it actually works maybe it isn't a bad price. I've yet to have a problem with my Nankai 3/8 bamboo. No pegs of course. I'm sure the 14mm NYB hubs would be great with pegs. They're looseball but I almost never have to work on mine, and when/if I do it is easy and quick. I think they're overlooked for how good they are.

They don't come in LHD, what makes them suck for me.

Does anyone here have a Blind hub that actually works?

Yes, absolutely. Mine has been working great. My driver cone nut split in half, but that's it, got a free one by the distribution in Germany. Other than that it's sick, no problems at all. I don't ride pegs anymore but I think it would work great with pegs, too, because there are guards for both sides out there. I've done some stupid axle grind variation and it holds up to probably any abuse I took it through.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2015, 11:32:52 AM »
Bwahahahaha that Profile price...

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2015, 11:51:05 AM »
At that price I expect Chad Degroot to come and do my fakies for me.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline LayLow

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 12:15:15 PM »

That's how every coaster works. You always need to back pedal to get the full amount of slack.

Not like this one. I've rode a ton of coasters, this one is different for sure. Once you ride one you'll understand. If you hop on a yuhub style coaster you can do a curb endo and roll back with out having to get crazy with trying to get it to disengage, not this guy. Albeit weird as shit, it works very efficiently  and is crazy light.

Offline Julian.

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2015, 03:53:51 PM »
$560 AUD for the profile z coaster. Can't see it being that popular in Australia.

http://www.strictlybmx.com/product/view/6253/profile-z-coaster-female-freecoaster-hub

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2015, 04:29:04 PM »
my friend is getting his z-coaster wheel this week....can't wait to see it in person
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2015, 04:29:04 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello