Multimedia

Author Topic: New coasters (wtp + profile)  (Read 36292 times)

Offline dude...

• View Profile
New coasters (wtp + profile)
« on: April 14, 2015, 07:46:18 PM »
because noone rides anymore, yall was slow off the mark with some new coaster offerings

firstly wtp helix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGRzD2a20y8

essentially another yuhub bastard offspring (though that shell looks to have some blowfish dna)
but that 3 point clutch resistance drag thingymajig seems to me like it could be a vast improvement

with the drag spread across 3 bearings, they might end up not jamming up like they normally do and getting ground down as quickly. shame the hubshell is a hog so youd have to be all weird and awkward about your friends knowing you were riding it

next up the profile z coaster

it really sums up the current state of bg that everyones not losing their shit about this. its profile, but its a new design, but AMERICUH, but wobble etc
http://bmxunion.com/daily/profile-racing-z-coaster-slack-cam-ring-videos/
http://bmxunion.com/daily/profile-racing-why-the-z-coaster/

when i first saw cam rings i facepalmed, cos firstly its annoying enough to have to buy extra parts to change the slack. added to this profile small parts/spares etc cost a fuckin fortune outside of the states so on top of the extortionate price this hub will cost alone, your going to need to shell out even more to play around with the slack (not such an issue in the US where such things are more competatively priced)

it looks like a decent mechanism from what i can see though (which isnt that much on the vids), though im not quite sure how the drag works. good point about the clicking too mr degroot, that does give a decent indication of whether its engaged or not which is useful. it may drown out some of the squeak from your naan bread gum tyres as you do fashion squeaker skids though-you have been warned

two main questions about this hub
1. whos gonna be the first to buy one, take it apart and take lots of pictures for us?
2. whos going to be the first to rip off the mechanism and start printing their name on clones using the same internals?

it does look a lot more reliable than the yuhubs, but i dont trust company blurbs so the strength of the design and reliability will have to be determined once this hub is released into the wild
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New coasters (wtp + profile)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 11:24:47 PM »
Yuhub/khe clone? Not newsworthy.

The new Profile coaster has been discussed in another thread. It could be promising but wobbly.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 11:32:08 PM »
I want to know who the "us" consists of haha

Lol at naan bread tires

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 11:42:08 PM »
I actually really want to try out the Profile hub.  I might be willing to throw down and buy one when it finally comes out.

I don't know why WTP ended up releasing the Helix, when it's really just a clone, and they already have the Eclat Blind and the Salt Plus Trapez.

I'm riding an Ezra hub that's the same thing as the Salt Freecoaster and it's lasted me way longer than any other coaster I've had and it hasn't broken anything yet.  I just don't see the need for another clone coaster when they've already got 2 other coasters within the same company.
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 11:48:34 PM »
I haven't read anything about the wtp clone is it just that or have they done work to it? Besides that I like the ugly hubshell

Not really interested in the profile just because profile are so overpriced here as you know. And I need to be buying parts for a bike I ride once a month like a hole in the head

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 12:39:45 AM »
watch the video and look how theyve done the resistance mechanism. the 2 ball/2 grub screw system is crap, i reckon their 3 ball system would balance out the drag a lot better, and maybe prevent the balls from grinding flat like they do in normal yuhubs. think about it

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 03:19:20 AM »
As the others said its already been discussed, you are months too late!

Regarding the Helix im more surprised that they put that under WTP and not under Salt and used the Trapez as the WTP one, maybe they didnt have enough confidence in the Trapez. The Helix itself hold very little interest to me. I can only see the new spring as anything new, and I never had a problem with the springs in a KHE clone.

Im interested in the Profile, but wont put any money into it.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline LukeTom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 03:38:59 AM »
I think the profile hub looks pretty cool, its a shame there is no videos on it explaining the internals. I only realy ride trails though, so both are of little interest to me
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 03:24:09 AM by LukeTom »

Offline Jobsy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 03:22:57 PM »
http://vocalbmx.com/Product_Pages/HitchhikerRear/HitchhikerRear.html

Switchable cassette to freecoaster. vocal is custom riders parts company, a shop that's been going since 1984 in the UK.
Not much on the workings here but it has good reviews, it just hasn't had a song and dance made about it

Offline badlight

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 03:50:26 PM »
http://vocalbmx.com/Product_Pages/HitchhikerRear/HitchhikerRear.html

Switchable cassette to freecoaster. vocal is custom riders parts company, a shop that's been going since 1984 in the UK.
Not much on the workings here but it has good reviews, it just hasn't had a song and dance made about it

Pretty sure(as in, 98.9% positive) that that is an Ezra coaster with a custom shell.

Does anyone here have a Blind hub that actually works?

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 07:27:07 PM »

jeez louise, i know theres been threads/discussions about the profile zcoaster already, but theyve kept the internals under wraps the whole time til now, i thought people might care. apparently not  ;D

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 10:21:31 PM »

jeez louise, i know theres been threads/discussions about the profile zcoaster already, but theyve kept the internals under wraps the whole time til now, i thought people might care. apparently not  ;D

Everyone knew it was a retractable pawl design with some kind of slack adjustment disc, none of this news is new. Sorry man.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 10:37:15 PM »
its a lot neater than the ezra one though. its a similar concept but it looks like a different approach to any other retractable pawl designs, with far fewer small parts in there, hence potentially less to go wrong

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 02:06:13 AM »

Always seen Vocal as a catalogue part company, and as someone said Im quite sure its just a copy of the Ezra.

Im very interested in the Z-coaster. I had put a lot of hopes into the Blind hub but was bummed when it came to the local shop. The FC guy that worked there said it felt like shit and had a lot of drag. Tried out the new WTP Envy with it on it and it indeed felt like crap :(.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline thirks

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 12:49:09 PM »
does anybody know if a LHD ezra clone exists yet?
Quote from: joe p.;2766473
I nail my girlfriend on her period regularly, she claims it\'s actually better. Just wear a condom so you don\'t get blood on your wang.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 12:49:09 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello