Multimedia

Author Topic: Standard  (Read 12382 times)

Offline Funtimes

• View Profile
Standard
« on: April 03, 2015, 09:21:55 PM »
Man, I'm liking what seems like a growing resurgence.  A new Trailboss in Hemp w/ the gussett...chainstay mounts.

I'd like to see them rerelease the classic block letter decals..black outlined in red etc.

Offline bluebmx

• Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Re: Standard
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 08:59:00 AM »
I feel like it's a very slow moving trend right now but hopefully it keeps going. Remember when they came out with the Bullitt frame? It was drastic and got a lot of attention. I think Standard needs another frame like that to get some more people interested. Like maybe a 12.8cs, 76ha and 11.00bb or something. Just something wild. Because even though it's american made and have higher than average quality tubes and everything else, I think them being generally the same for years and years makes them easy to over look with you have all these other brands with new frames every year and rainbow/splatter/neon paint options.

Offline firebikesmullets

• Turd Sandwich
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 11:52:02 AM »
I feel like it's a very slow moving trend right now but hopefully it keeps going. Remember when they came out with the Bullitt frame? It was drastic and got a lot of attention. I think Standard needs another frame like that to get some more people interested. Like maybe a 12.8cs, 76ha and 11.00bb or something. Just something wild. Because even though it's american made and have higher than average quality tubes and everything else, I think them being generally the same for years and years makes them easy to over look with you have all these other brands with new frames every year and rainbow/splatter/neon paint options.

That geo sounds yucky.

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 12:28:32 PM »
Was the OX Platinum really worth $400? I remember seeing it on Dancomp and wondering if it's the real deal.

Also I have seen maybe 3 Standards in my close to decade of riding.

Offline Funtimes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 01:25:39 PM »
Maybe its localized..or the recent marketing bids, but either way, seeing them come back in the freestyle end would be cool to me.  I agree about a mainstay frame w/ average modern geo.  75 71 13.5 rear with 11 5/8bb and 8.75-9" stand over..call it the Standard Rampage or something :)

Offline bluebmx

• Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 04:54:42 PM »

That geo sounds yucky.
It's a bit much for me, but it would get attention. I think the low BB thing needs to be looked into more though. I noticed in some custom frame articles it seems a lower than average bb is a trend. I once rode a bike that had a 11.25bb and it felt great! 11 might be too far but I don't really know.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 09:56:25 PM »
I wish I could afford a rail boss. It would be a brakeless trail boss w garret burns barcode chainstay protectors.

Offline bensick

• View Profile
    • http://www.interbmx.com/profile.php?view=profile&id=44
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 12:22:14 PM »
Keeping it alive in MN!

Offline Funtimes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 12:42:59 PM »
Minn still does Standard proud!  Awesome. 

Is that edit with the giant onlooking cat, still out here somewhere? 

Offline metalbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 06:25:10 AM »
I ride a Reklamation which is made by standard. They are about to release the AJ Anaya frame. I can tell you that I do a lot hop whips and it holds up well. The thing is solid.

Offline reebzor

• Veteran
  • lolwut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 12:34:55 PM »
Was the OX Platinum really worth $400?

A buddy of mine destroyed like 3 or 4 of them. The OX tubing wasn't worth the $400, but the lifetime warranty was...

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 01:10:57 PM »
What was the supposed benefits of the OX Plat frames?

Offline firebikesmullets

• Turd Sandwich
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 01:16:39 PM »
What was the supposed benefits of the OX Plat frames?

The tubing was supposed to be much higher quality in regards to strength compared to normal 4130 chromoly that everyone else was using at the time. They could use thinner tubing to make a lighter frame that was supposed to be just as strong as your typical 7-8 lb behemoth that everyone rode in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Offline milhous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 02:54:25 PM »
The frames are still made with True Temper OX Platinum tubing.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2015, 08:56:58 PM »
i still want to get hold of a 2000ish sta but no luck in australia. mid school interest peaking has put the prices comparable with brand new frames so fuck that
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2015, 08:56:58 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello