Multimedia

Author Topic: Smartphone or GoPro for lazy filming?  (Read 14706 times)

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Smartphone or GoPro for lazy filming?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 12:30:41 PM »
I'm annoyed that phones are so gigantic nowadays. They should've never got bigger than the iPhone 4 but thinner and lighter.

Offline Sasha

• Pro_Tom
  • Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 03:28:21 PM »
Expandable memory which yo iPhones will never have

My friend's Experia has been sent off for repair twice in the few months he's had it having just given up altogether. Let's not start a pissing match, you can have whatever phone you like, yours isn't better than mine because you have it (my phone sucks too, still works though.)

Offline MilkyWilky

• www.marcsist.com
    • View Profile
    • Marcsist
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 04:15:15 PM »
Expandable memory which yo iPhones will never have

My friend's Experia has been sent off for repair twice in the few months he's had it having just given up altogether. Let's not start a pissing match, you can have whatever phone you like, yours isn't better than mine because you have it (my phone sucks too, still works though.)

I don't have to pee. I still use my iPhone 5, I bought this Sony 2 days ago. Just making a contrast about expandable memory, for what it's worth, a feature you won't get in an iPhone. Which is a shame because it's not like including a SD slot would be a huge, incalculable risk for them. My thinkin is that if you're recording at 1080p, that could be darn well near 200MB/min, and so if you want to record quite a bit of video, say a day trip or something, you'll probably want to spring for the 64GB. the price gap between 16 and 64 is more than the cost of a 64GB micro SD card.

I guess the point is moot though, because sans.terre wanted to spend $200 tops. Unless you're up for a contract renewal and not afraid of commitment? Then I think you're 6'ing at $200 with most US providers. Which means you'd also be able to get all but the newest of nice Android phones for free.

but this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzHhz6rJxH0 feature puts it a bit closer to the GoPro.

Let me ask, are you a G-Mailing man?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 04:23:53 PM by MilkyWilky »

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2015, 02:52:18 PM »

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

sans.terre

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2015, 05:41:57 PM »
aam i a gmailing man?

yes, yes...i ...i am...

Offline MilkyWilky

• www.marcsist.com
    • View Profile
    • Marcsist
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2015, 03:39:20 PM »
aam i a gmailing man?

yes, yes...i ...i am...

Well my Gmail is the oldest of the emails I still use, but I've been so impressed with the interfaces and things they keep rolling out. I basically enjoyed Googles stuff (Docs, Newstand, Maps, Drive) so much I decided to switch from iPhone. It makes me want to use my GMail more, even though it's longer to type. Full disclosure I study design and have read the google 'Material Design' manual (not that I do anything of that sort) and liked that shit. Android phones are pretty nice cause if you got a GMail account you're rollin. I think it's clean and now that I 'get' widgets I'm seeing some appeals over my iPhone.

I bet there are lots of really good phones out there for a reasonable price. The one I have shoots 20.3mp pictures (they're alright, but at a certain point without a good sensor it's just numbers) the video does 4K or 120fps at 1080. What I literally just noticed was that the camera app (vid and stills) has some 'manual' mode with white balance, exposure comp, couple 'Scene' modes preprogrammed. Nice for me because I have shoot with a Sony camera, familiar. Battery life is like avg 2 days or something and if you're lost in the desert you can switch it to some super-conservation mode to last nearly a week.

As of yesterday I've taken the memory card out of my GoPro and stuck it in this thing. Maybe I'll change my mind when I want to mount the camera on something.

I'm not saying this phone is perfect, in fact the first night I had it I tried to plug it in to charge in the dark. I ended up bending something in the SD card slot. That is what she hath said. The next day I exchanged it at the store. There's lots of Sony software on it that's a bit stupid. I think the Google Nexus/Motorola don't have it, but they are bigger screens too and lack lots of features. If you're not going anywhere in the next 2 years go see what you can get on a contract.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2015, 04:07:32 PM »
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2015, 04:07:32 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello