Multimedia

Author Topic: Post your Car/Truck/Motor Vehicle V2.0  (Read 328190 times)

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
Re: Post your Car/Truck/Motor Vehicle V2.0
« Reply #300 on: February 26, 2016, 01:14:23 PM »
I've heard that. We'll see if they can make it happen, since there's been some conflicting reports about it. I'd totally consider one as an around town run about
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline ediotism

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 28, 2016, 05:11:47 AM »
yes i do have a charger installed at home at the carpark, which makes driving the car a joy. like most batteries, it's not good to always have it charged full/ fully depleted. there is a setting in the car (or via phone app) to set how full to charge the car, i've set mine to around 75% full, which gives 300km (190 miles) range. Since i got this car, however, i drive like a cunt. flooring every take off/ exiting corners followed by heavy braking just before a turn etc and mostly in the city with lots of traffic and lights, so i get around 220 km (140miles) range driving like that. i still haven't driven more than 100km (60miles) in a day, and to be honest, i haven't paid any attention to remaining range a week after i got my car. i have driven it gently, and it does go the range it says it has.

The wall charger that comes with the car (which you install at your own costs but its super easy for electricians, since it comes with a full manual that's super simple to understand) provides single phase 40amp at 220v (its adjustable to your needs) which gives 25 miles of range every hour of charge. you can schedule your car to only charge at times when electricity is cheap at night etc. The installation of the charger costed me USD 1.2k, including a thick gauge armoured copper wire at 10 metres long, from my electrical box to the location of charger, and a metal box to "protect" the charger. it's completely necessary as it turns out, that charging the car in heavy rain doesn't affect it at all. yes, my car and the charger are outdoor.

i've paid about USD 35 or so in extra electricity for the car per month, instead of the USD 380 in petrol i used to. and i used to drive the petrol car like riding brakeless i.e. gentle acceleration, lots of coasting, early gentle braking etc. but now, going down the road to the corner shop is an excuse to hop in the tesla. and i floor it every excuse i get.

the new one called model 3 is priced at USD 35k, but it isn't just targeting that segment of the market. a majority of new model S owners (myself included) actually moved wayyyyy up from price tags we'd normally consider (my petrol car is an audi A4, its less than half the price of the tesla i got. And it turns out i'm not an outlier but rather a majority), and i wouldn't be surprised if model 3 experiences the same. oil is cheap now so that argument isn't as strong, but a lot of people are just waiting for a good vehicle to escape oil dependency anyway.

if you guys have a tesla store nearby, go arrange a test drive. they're VERY happy letting people who have no intention to buy the car to test drive it - their marketing basically revolves around letting people try out the car and get excited to tell people about it, it's just that fucking good.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 05:17:53 AM by ediotism »

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 29, 2016, 05:38:02 PM »

Got my wheels on today. Had issues with the tires that came with the wheels so I got 205/45/17 all around. Front could be a little lower without rubbing. Back is snug I might get spacers for the rear. Probably do an alignment tomorrow.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 01, 2016, 07:45:44 AM »
Suppose the car is functional enough

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 01, 2016, 09:56:21 AM »
Dragged the 1970 up to Bakersfield and then this happened:

Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 03, 2016, 02:12:35 AM »
I'm going out test driving this week. My limit is 22000.

Top three thus far:
https://usaa2.secure.zag.com/used-cars-for-sale/listing/JTHBK262X62004978/2006-lexus-is-250/

http://www.bayareamotorsports.net/inventory/view/8957244/2013-Lexus-CT-200h-Hybrid-F-Sport%2C-White-Nav-CT200H-FSPORT%2C-Warranty-Livermore-CA

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/656038516/overview/

Scion iM is at the bottom of this list. Still a contender though.

The is250 I've read has a shitty manual trans. This one had a clutch in at 25k, it's at 45k now.

The ct200h is slow and has cvt.

The Veloster is a fucking Hyundai.

The scion is slow and sorta funky looking.

A gti would be cool but I've had such a sour taste from my vr and do not want to work on a fucking vehicle. I don't enjoy it.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 03, 2016, 05:24:56 AM »
Get an FRS and call it a day

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 04, 2016, 03:43:37 PM »

Ready to chop out the engine mounts and test fit the new drive train.  Cue Ford people panicking.
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 04, 2016, 05:41:35 PM »
Gti is your best bet, VR engines are no more I've heard far less complaints out of the turbo engines other than the whole cam follower thing which might have been taken care of in newer models but I don't know for sure.

Offline ImNick

• View Profile
    • nickgarrisonphotography.com
« Reply #309 on: March 05, 2016, 03:46:06 PM »
22k? Buy an AMG.

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 05, 2016, 03:54:00 PM »
Anyone here got a foxbody mustang?

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 05, 2016, 05:33:30 PM »
Anyone here got a foxbody mustang?

I do not, but I've been eyeing one up for a project car. I don't want to have to do a lot of body work on one, so that's severely limiting my choices, as clean ones are 8k+, and finding a stock one is near impossible.

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 10, 2016, 10:02:11 PM »

6.2L of new Chevy fury in an old FORD body.  'Merica.

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 10, 2016, 10:22:24 PM »
Guy that towed my car to the shop asked if I was going to do an LS swap. I'm too broke for that but it would be cool. Looks like an awesome build.

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 10, 2016, 10:46:24 PM »
Guy that towed my car to the shop asked if I was going to do an LS swap. I'm too broke for that but it would be cool. Looks like an awesome build.
Thanks man.

After completing my Corvette's rebuild (also based off an LS3) I don't think I'll ever build another project that isn't LS based, even if it isn't GM to start with.  Can't wait to get this truck done - should be one hell of a cowboy cadillac.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #314 on: March 10, 2016, 10:46:24 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special