Multimedia

Author Topic: Post your Car/Truck/Motor Vehicle V2.0  (Read 328122 times)

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Post your Car/Truck/Motor Vehicle V2.0
« Reply #270 on: February 11, 2016, 09:13:03 PM »
Billy, what do you do with your trucks? Do you haul and tow shit every single day?
The old one is going up for sale. I wanted a dmax and something more long distance friendly for when I go see my boyfriend.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 11, 2016, 10:44:15 PM »
Billy, what do you do with your trucks? Do you haul and tow shit every single day?
The old one is going up for sale. I wanted a dmax and something more long distance friendly for when I go see my boyfriend.

Cool. Looks pretty damn clean. Most of the ones up here of that vintage are already showing signs of wear, lots of rust. Just don't know why you'd get a dually if you won't be using it? Unless of course you got a smoking deal on it, and if that's the case, nevermind!

Between Cole realising that stance is gay and functionality is better and Billy getting a regular sized truck this page is full of surprises.

You been following the progress on IG? Should be getting my wheels in by the end of the month. They're from a Canadian company that only does small production runs at the beginning of every year, so I've had to do a bit more waiting than I'd like. Now I just need to decide whether I want Michelin Pilot Super Sports (50,000 km warranty, but 240ish per tire) or Bridgestone Potenza RE71R's (the new autox hotness with mega grip, but no warranty at 180ish per tire). Been really enjoying the car at about 1.4" lower than stock over about 3" lower than stock. I can go fast and not scrape, not get stuck coming out of my garage into my driveway. It's awesome. Now I just need to get an alignment, probably next week, and I should be set for the coming summer and trying my hand at auto x.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 10:47:38 PM by Cole »
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 12, 2016, 06:47:40 PM »
Got some glass made for big red:

Finally got my black and yellows for the vette:

Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 18, 2016, 09:45:12 PM »
You've done such a sweet job on that vette. That seal grey color is luxurious.

In my part of the woods, I was in stop and go traffic this morning and an Acura smashed me into a toyota highlander. Just paid it off the night before.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 11:01:04 PM by Prodigal Son »

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 18, 2016, 11:24:30 PM »
Noooooooo! I want to pick up an IS300 at some point. Extra points if it's a 5 speed sportcross.

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 18, 2016, 11:37:42 PM »
theyre getting cheap even the manual ones a sportcross though is a reach hahaha. i thought about getting one, but az is notorious for high mileage expensive cars.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 18, 2016, 11:45:16 PM »
Honestly, I don't even know if they made manual sportcross'. I'd be content enough with a manual sedan, given the rarity of those.

Winter sucks

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 11:48:37 PM by Cole »

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 19, 2016, 01:09:01 PM »
There was no manual is300sx in the US. I went on a search last night for a manual is250. That's a rarity too. Think I'm going to get a ct200 f sport.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 19, 2016, 01:58:03 PM »
Just had it declared a total loss. Shit man! Can't believe I fucking paid that shit off on Wednesday, would've had an additional 3240$ for whatever I get into next.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 19, 2016, 03:02:36 PM »
That's a bummer. What are you going to get now?

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 19, 2016, 07:22:31 PM »
Ct200h f sport, an fr-s, scion iM, ?

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 19, 2016, 09:07:43 PM »
I love my FRS, but I also have a truck in case I need something more practical. If the FRS is your only vehicle, you may regret it a bit. If you're only concerned about getting something fun, then you really only have 2 choices, the FRS or the Miata. Unless of course you buy used and find an S2k. There's a lot of bad stuff I could say about the FRS, but the positives more than make up for it. Yesterday, for example, I went on a 2 hour drive to get beer directly from the brewery, instead of the liquor store that's less than 5 minutes from my house, just because it's that enjoyable to drive. And, depending on if you want stick or auto, both transmissions are fabulous. I test drove the manual and it was amazing compared to my old Mazda 626. Ended up buying an auto because my ankle is pretty fucked up and on some days it's difficult to operate a clutch pedal and I don't find I'm missing anything. The only time I've even felt a little bit bummed about it is when I'm at a meet and someone decides to shit talk me about it. If you do decide to go with an FRS, wait until the 2017 is released (assuming you're not in a rush to buy), it's going to be the refresh year apparently. And it's a win-win if you wait, if you like the new body, buy it, if you don't, the old body will be heavily discounted I bet. Also, another important thing to keep in mind, is that the FRS is extremely barebones, unless you get a limited edition. I'd look to a BRZ if you care at all about things like dual climate control and heated seats.

Really digging the iM. Haven't driven one yet, but it's the Toyota Auris(?), basically just a 5 door Corolla. You'll get a billion miles out of it and they're specced pretty well.

Don't know much about the Ct200h, but I do like how they look.

Judging by those 3 you mentioned, you're looking for something a bit sportier? There's a bunch of oddball cars I'd like to get, but at this point, being real, I'd like to move on to a 2015+ WRX. Function, form, the whole package. When/if I move on from the FRS, I'll be looking into either a new Miata or a WRX. Maybe even an S2k if I can find one at a reasonable price.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 19, 2016, 10:17:19 PM »
The bummer about a ct200 or an iM is the reviews say they're "painfully slow". I don't see any decrease in functionality from my IS compared to an fr-s. A loss of cabin cargo space? The trunk in my car is small. I have to take off my stem and pull my forks out to stick a bike in the trunk. The seats didn't fold down either.

I'm mildly interested in seeing if I can buy my shit pile.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 19, 2016, 10:27:19 PM »
The FRS is also a bit underpowered, but it more than makes up for it in joy. The biggest shortfall is the torque dip between 2500ish and 4000 rpm. But, with 1000 bucks (header and tune) you can pretty much get rid of it and have a decent power band.

The trunk is small, and it has a small opening. Well, it's narrow all around, but with the rear seats down, you gain a lot of depth. I haven't had much trouble, but I've cut it close to having too much stuff in the car. I'm also not that tall (5'11") and with my seat in a comfortable position, I can't even fit my hand behind my seat. It's a 2+2, but the rear seats are pretty much unusable. It's a narrow cabin as well, but it's not a huge deal unless you're 300+ pounds.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:32:24 PM by Cole »

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 20, 2016, 09:40:09 PM »
You've done such a sweet job on that vette. That seal grey color is luxurious.

Thanks man.  Bummer to see your ride banged up and written off!  Any potential of buying it back from insurance and fixing it up on your own dime?

Finally getting into the meat on the F250 project.  Test fit the glass fenders.  Need to go pick up the step side bed I bought for it as well.

Can ever so slightly see the Raptor in the background.  Ran past the warranty so cut the frame front and rear for new bumpers and dovetailed the bed.  Need to get actual pics.

Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #284 on: February 20, 2016, 09:40:09 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello