Multimedia

Author Topic: New Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 439926 times)

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
Re: New Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #435 on: August 07, 2015, 07:44:19 AM »
Generalising, of course. 100k where I am is easy living, 100k in Sydney is laughable.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 07, 2015, 08:39:06 AM »
100k in the UK is next level.

Danno

« Reply #437 on: August 07, 2015, 12:31:43 PM »
Yeah that's Audi R8, a serious cocaine habit and a fit plastic tit blonde wife wage in the UK!

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 07, 2015, 01:52:01 PM »
Fuck, I'll make less than $15k this year including my school grants. Working a 3/4 time job to pay the bills and make it through school. My parents could have bought a house doing the same thing in their day. If you are bitching about making more than 40k a year and life being a struggle you can go fuck yourself.

Again, I not only support myself and my fiance, but I also help support my parents. If they didn't rely on me I'd be fine at 40k a year.
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 07, 2015, 01:53:23 PM »
When you make six figures you get no sympathy.

I don't make six figures. with my pay cut reversed I'm at $65,000 again.

Are you salaried? If you're not making overtime, 50k would have been a hard fucking wage to live on.

I'm on salary. 50K in west houston isn't that bad if you're modest
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline Aesop Rock

• O.G. Member
  • Helve
    • View Profile
    • http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com
« Reply #440 on: August 07, 2015, 02:14:02 PM »
Fuck, I'll make less than $15k this year including my school grants. Working a 3/4 time job to pay the bills and make it through school. My parents could have bought a house doing the same thing in their day. If you are bitching about making more than 40k a year and life being a struggle you can go fuck yourself.

Again, I not only support myself and my fiance, but I also help support my parents. If they didn't rely on me I'd be fine at 40k a year.

Wasn't really directed at you in particular and good on you for supporting the fam.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 07, 2015, 02:44:35 PM »
That's crazy, I can't fathom that London is cheap by any means. I imagine the exact opposite. 155k (pound to USD conversion) is a really nice salary but some of the execs in my wife's have spouses who make equal amounts, so somewhere in the 200k and they aren't driving R8s or living in the nicest part of my region.

Offline PabstBlueRibbon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 07, 2015, 04:43:19 PM »
If you are bitching about making more than 40k a year and life being a struggle you can go fuck yourself.

$40K would be hard to live on in some areas of the U.S. LA, San Fran, NYC, Chicago

Offline Aesop Rock

• O.G. Member
  • Helve
    • View Profile
    • http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com
« Reply #443 on: August 08, 2015, 01:49:29 AM »
Nah. 40K isn't hard to live on anywhere in the US unless you have a 20K per year coke habit. I live in San Diego which has a median house value 80K higher than LA. I'm comfortable but that simply means I live with roommates, eat a few times a day, and can pay for luxuries like a cell phone and internet access. Americans in general are underpayed, but also think they need to keep up with the Kardashians. An extra 25k a year in my pocket would change a lot in my life, but I'd be equally as happy living the exact same lifestyle for the next 5-7 years and banking it all.

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 08, 2015, 03:08:18 AM »
Exactly, you don't have to buy more things just because you earn more.

Its amazing how much you can reduce your living costs when you need to
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline Tall Opinion

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 08, 2015, 05:47:37 PM »

This is basically me right now. I was unemployed for the past year and a half while finishing up school and I recently got a job making roughly 40-50k a year. I'm so used to having almost no money and living cheap that I've just continued to do so. I haven't bought a car or the latest and greatest phone and I still don't go out to eat. I'm just sitting back and watching the money roll in.
Formerly FitTrailSlayer

Quote from: M@tty;3563588
would rather watch the olympics if i want to see a black guy jump things, least they don\'t have the mentality of a beaten 13 year old.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 09, 2015, 02:05:49 PM »
I make decent money for my age (19) but it's not even close to buying a house money. I need to figure out what i am going to do with myself so i can get into one by the time i am 25. I wish houses were cheap here like some other states. This rat race is great.

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 09, 2015, 08:25:33 PM »

Its amazing how much you can reduce your living costs when you need to

Been socking away 41% of my net income since my first salaried paycheck 8 years ago.  Necessities don't change all that much but amazing how people's tastes do once they start making some scratch.
Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 13, 2015, 05:35:28 PM »

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 16, 2015, 01:38:59 PM »
Baby came yesterday, being a dad is already wicked.

Strongly considering a pair of crocs and ill fitting Hawaiian shirt for some reason.
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #449 on: August 16, 2015, 01:38:59 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello