Multimedia

Author Topic: New Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 440097 times)

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
Re: New Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 11, 2015, 04:55:57 PM »
Torn between regretting taking a job where I'm on the road all the time and buying my car. Just gotta get it paid off by August, then I can go to school with no big bills. Pumped for that.

Been there. I still have a couple years left to pay off the GTI and not having that nice paying job kinda blows when the payment is due but I definitely enjoy having the car and also enjoying being home now. Will be a sweet day when it's paid off, kinda wish I would've done a longer financing option now but it is it what it is.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 11, 2015, 09:30:40 PM »
Just makes me feel a bit silly for buying a brand new car, and not being able to play with it all the time. But, like you said, can't wait for it to be paid off. I ended up going with 6 years since my finance rate was 0.99% and it didn't make much difference in interest between a shorter term and a longer term. What was yours?

The other thing I'm considering is putting off school for another year, then I can for sure have it paid off, be able to pay for school up front and hopefully still have a bunch of money saved up so I won't need to work. Although I'm already wanting to change my major, so we'll see if I can do that and still defer my acceptance for a year.

Also, fuck living out of hotels. Getting so tired of not being able to cook my own meals. I've put on about 40 pounds since August from constantly eating out. Although, the amount of beer I've been consuming probably doesn't help.
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 11, 2015, 09:56:51 PM »
That's a lot of weight. You still in the military?

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 11, 2015, 10:00:26 PM »
Also, fuck living out of hotels. Getting so tired of not being able to cook my own meals. I've put on about 40 pounds since August from constantly eating out. Although, the amount of beer I've been consuming probably doesn't help.

lmao. This was my life for 3 years! Funny to someone else on here going through the same thing. It's cool for a while but like you said, it's such a pain to actually make your own food so you just go for the easy option and eat out. And then you're bored as fuck sitting in a hotel night after night so you just booze it up to make shit a little entertaining. It's definitely cool for a while but it takes its toll on ya'.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 11, 2015, 10:09:13 PM »
Billy, kind of, still a reservist, but given that I'm on the road so much, I don't nearly make the commitment I used to (1 or 2 evenings a week, and up to 3 weekends a month) now I'm lucky if I show up for one evening a month. However, I am in a bit better shape than I have been in recent years despite the weight gain. Stopped smoking so my lungs are feeling a lot better and my cardio is getting back up to what I feel it should be.

Alex, no shit eh? Last year I was working with 2 other guys and we made a genuine effort to have 3 or 4 "home cooked" meals a week. If the hotel had a barbecue, we'd grill up some meat, make a salad and have some apps while we were cooking. We'd also have a few beers during the process. Luckily my job involves a lot of walking, so I don't think I've put on the weight I should be putting on. The problem right now is that my coworker and I have a bit more experience than the other guys in our department (or we may just be slightly more dependable, pick one) so we got put onto a bit of a different project where the work has to be done a bit more precisely, so we spend about 10 hours in the field each day, then another 4 at the hotel going over the data we collect, processing it and then preparing for the next day so time is also a factor in that.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 11, 2015, 11:12:00 PM »
You guys do know that there are healthy take out options, right? Also, vodak with soda water instead of beer when you travel. Makes all the difference to weight gain.

Lastly, I haven't flamed Cole for a while; 40 pounds is heaps you fat fuck. I put on about 8 kg last time I had a lot of travel, have lost 10 kg since January.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 11, 2015, 11:35:13 PM »
Depends on where you are staying.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 12, 2015, 05:30:45 AM »
Haha, healthy options for take out... Yeah, if you want to eat at a Subway or Pita Pit every day. Not a clear spirits kind of guy, especially with the amount of micro breweries around the places we work in. Also, good on ya for losing weight ginger. However, what's a lot of travel to you? I've worked in 5 different provinces in less than 10 months, driving back and forth. My last big trip was driving 3700 km non-stop. I seriously doubt you put in a 90 hour week consistently with around 20 hours of driving each week. When you do, let me know how difficult it is to live a perfectly healthy lifestyle. I've quit smoking, so the rest of the healthiness will come eventually.

However, I feel like coming from about 150 pounds at around 6 feet tall, and going to about 190 is more like filling out, but ok.

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2015, 06:55:35 AM »
Filling out? Isn't that what you do during puberty?
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2015, 06:22:43 PM »
Filling out is putting on muscle, gaining 40 pounds is just being fat.
Extensive travel for me is back to back conferences for a month and an uncapped credit card. Needless to say, I used to eat and drink whatever the fuck I wanted. Probably 60 hour weeks, not including catch up work in hotels to do emails and transit times between conferences.
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Aesop Rock

• O.G. Member
  • Helve
    • View Profile
    • http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com
« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2015, 10:07:51 PM »
My life is a fucking mess right now and I'm pretty sure my insides are melting due to stress. Literally liquid hot magma has been coming out of my ass for 4 days straight. Is that a symptom of imminent death?

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2015, 10:14:31 PM »
*this is going to be terribly put, spelled, structured*

If you really think about life and all of the problems that come along with it, you can still disappear and travel the world as a wanderer (but not hobo grimey) and swag out.

Right?^ I would rather hit the hills than take my life no matter how shitty it got. I know i know it's probably easier said than done.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2015, 10:56:59 PM »
I don't know, the cognitive behavioral therapy sessions I was going to, my issue is that I just identify everything I do as a failure. I can't take that the things I want to achieve and wish the best for myself are the things I fail at. It eats me up inside and I would rather end it.

I need to get my insurance to approve more sessions. I still fight these very debilitating episodes a couple times a week.

I have 3 approved sessions with my neuropsychologist this summer. Very interested in doing another FSIQ and comparing my shit now to two years ago.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 12, 2015, 11:07:35 PM »
My life is a fucking mess right now and I'm pretty sure my insides are melting due to stress. Literally liquid hot magma has been coming out of my ass for 4 days straight. Is that a symptom of imminent death?

I know a guy who used to shit blood because he was so stressed. Yes, it is a thing and yes, you need to worry about it.

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2015, 07:11:11 AM »
*this is going to be terribly put, spelled, structured*

If you really think about life and all of the problems that come along with it, you can still disappear and travel the world as a wanderer (but not hobo grimey) and swag out.

Right?^ I would rather hit the hills than take my life no matter how shitty it got. I know i know it's probably easier said than done.

I pretty much did that as an experiment nearly 2 months ago. Packed up my shit on a bicycle and hit the road. Didn't have any maps or plans except head south. Chilling the fuck out now in  Sardinia.

Surviving on €5 a day average.  I spend a bit more on beer though. I eat wild fruit and do a bit of fishing and forraging for herbs to cook with. Sleeping on the beach and exploring crazy places. Wash in the sea or find a Tinder chick and shack up for a night.

Caught a lobster in shallow water yesterday for dinner. Trying to get over my fear of snakes and catch one to try and cook.

Id make a rad as fuck homeless person. I've always wondered why irish people who become homeless stay in that rainy country. I sleep in a tent or on a sleeping pad when it's too hot. 

I do miss home though but my life wasn't fucked before I left.

There was a good post on reddit about a suicidal guy who took all his money and went to Mexico and bought loads of hookers and blow. Had an epiphany whilst balls deep in one and changed his mind.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2015, 07:11:11 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special