Multimedia

Author Topic: Fixed gear bikes/ Post your big bikes V2  (Read 358811 times)

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
Re: Fixed gear bikes/ Post your big bikes V2
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2015, 07:08:34 AM »
Ohh if I were in Australia if probably be dead by now. I left my bike resting against a hedge a few days back and knocked a nest of spiders into my pannier. Had to dump everything out in the middle of the road to seperate the mess lol

Offline Scunny

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2015, 10:54:26 AM »
Did the first MTB Marathon of the year yesterday, the dude in front of me got blown off the hill and broke his neck. Grim.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 13, 2015, 07:15:27 PM »
yeah carn harden up princess
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2015, 02:45:46 PM »

first time my bikes been clean for longer than a day all year.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 02:47:50 PM by Zoidberg »

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2015, 05:06:01 PM »
In other news, if you want to see how bad the bbc are nowadays, 'inside harley street' was on bbc2 last night at 9 so you can see it on the iplayer.

Anyway, Sot, the bicycle courier they talk to, is on the same fleet as me. So that's my job. Plus, when Robski comes out of the lab when they're talking to Sot at one point, Robski is rocking one of my alley cat posters in his bag. Swag.

If you do watch it, 80 miles is a bit pfffffffffff. like the big man says it's not unusual but that's not erryday.

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2015, 12:51:31 AM »
Went to Marseille today. What a fucking mad place. People don't obey traffic laws, scooters driving on the footpaths and breaking lights. Would love to come back on a BMX or chopped flat bar road bike. Everyone's car is shit so you can clip them with your barends and no one cares.

Roads are shit though. That being said I gave the Surly a good trashing. Probably shouldn't have but I got lost in the moment a bit.

Ended up sleeping on the beach. Sweet

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2015, 03:06:10 AM »
Marseille is sketchy as fuck. Fun city but keep your wits about you, especially sleeping on the beach, lot of sketchy North Africans about. There was 7 years ago anyway.

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2015, 06:18:21 AM »
Yeah I noticed. Had no troubles though. Fucked off to the outskirts for sleeping. In La Ciotat at the moment. Loads of fucking climbing today. Got 2 new tyres today as well. 26 x 2.0 schwalabe marathons. Should allow me to slay some single track as I see fit

Offline Sacrebleu

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2015, 09:47:17 AM »
Yeah I noticed. Had no troubles though. Fucked off to the outskirts for sleeping. In La Ciotat at the moment. Loads of fucking climbing today. Got 2 new tyres today as well. 26 x 2.0 schwalabe marathons. Should allow me to slay some single track as I see fit

Seems like a fun trip. How are you navigating? Im planning a long bike tour next Spring and GPS or not is the main bone of contention so far. Also, are you wild camping in France or finding one of the many campsites each night?

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2015, 12:29:18 PM »
I had a really bad road map that I used for a while but have recently been using an app called maps.me where you download the sections you need and can view them offline.

For the first while before I got to the coast I navigated using the sun and just figured aslong as I was going south I was good. You get pretty lost but it's all an adventure I guess.

Yeah wild camping nearly every night. I've slept in a few pretty crazy places. A graveyard, 2 different caves, under an old rowing boat. I have been using tinder recently but they're usually a bit hesitant to let you stay the night. Good for a shower though!

If I wanted to find a campsite i could every night. They're everywhere. They cost about €5 if you have your own tent. I stayed in one once but only cause it was pissing rain and I was miserable. €5 and I had a spot of land, electric hook up and washing facilities. Got invited into a caravan that was parked up by a french lad and his missus and given a home cooked dinner and was sent on my way in the morning with a pound of cured duck fillet. You meet the nicest people on a bike tour!

If you've anymore questions just ask! I'd love to answer them

Danno

« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2015, 05:43:36 PM »
Keep the posts coming hugh!

I knocked 6 1/2 minutes off my 30ish mile loop tonight, riding in the warm beats cold sunday starts hands down.

Offline _tom_

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tom_the_beast
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2015, 05:58:49 PM »
Yeah my average speeds have gone up since the sun decided to come out, actually enjoying road biking again at the minute haha

Offline Sacrebleu

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2015, 02:25:51 AM »
I had a really bad road map that I used for a while but have recently been using an app called maps.me where you download the sections you need and can view them offline.

For the first while before I got to the coast I navigated using the sun and just figured aslong as I was going south I was good. You get pretty lost but it's all an adventure I guess.

Yeah wild camping nearly every night. I've slept in a few pretty crazy places. A graveyard, 2 different caves, under an old rowing boat. I have been using tinder recently but they're usually a bit hesitant to let you stay the night. Good for a shower though!

If I wanted to find a campsite i could every night. They're everywhere. They cost about €5 if you have your own tent. I stayed in one once but only cause it was pissing rain and I was miserable. €5 and I had a spot of land, electric hook up and washing facilities. Got invited into a caravan that was parked up by a french lad and his missus and given a home cooked dinner and was sent on my way in the morning with a pound of cured duck fillet. You meet the nicest people on a bike tour!

If you've anymore questions just ask! I'd love to answer them

Yeah keep the updates coming, sounds like youre having fun. Tried warmshowers.org? You may have better luck than Tinder! Ive been looking at using my phone of a small tablet instead to save weight etc. I can see how using maps and asking people can lead to more serendipitous discoveries, though. My initial plan is to cycle from nothern Spain, through France, the Alps, and head east through to Bulgaria.

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2015, 04:11:44 AM »
I deffo wanna do some touring next year, maaaaaaaan.

Brooklynrider

« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2015, 09:09:17 AM »
How do you touring dudes feel about the Surly ECR?

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2015, 09:09:17 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello