Multimedia

Author Topic: Sheepdog still out there  (Read 49383 times)

Offline sheepdog

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sheepdog still out there
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 06:53:36 PM »
You guys are welcome.

By the way, for those wondering what I've been up to... 
3d printers... lots and lots of 3d printers.

A friend and I started a new company a while back building 3d printers (Griffin 3d) based on one I designed. Since then, we've raised $50k on Kickstarter last September, been to investor conventions where we had some offers, went to Makerfaire, invited to TedX, interviewed on PBS, and done local web based TV shows. It's been nuts.

We are building our own laser cutter (4ftx3ft, 110watts, cuts almost anything but metal) and invested in some software that will change 3d printing, it could result in 75% faster prints. Up next is a bigger shop so we can get a cnc, which we will more than likely buy or trade a printer for, and at some point I'll probably build a waterjet if we have the space.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 06:55:13 PM by sheepdog »

Offline Stoked

• dood.sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 07:27:21 PM »
When you get that cnc machine, can you run a batch of bg dick sprockets?
Quote from: i am hollywood;3458649
The Ezra 'Q' freecoaster should be out in time to put on your 2012 christmas list

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 10:58:07 PM »
Those dick sprockets are becoming bikeguide white buffalo.

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 11:05:40 PM »
How much does it cost to run Bikeguide for a year?

Seeing your other Kickstarter success, I think you should start a "Keep Bikeguide Alive for the next 45 years" kickstarter.

I'd be down to throw in like a hundred bucks if I know the site wasn't going to have to censor itself for google ad revenue and wouldn't go away for a long time.
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 11:10:39 PM »

Seeing your other Kickstarter success, I think you should start a "Keep Bikeguide Alive for the next 45 years" kickstarter.

I'd be down to throw in like a hundred bucks if I know the site wasn't going to have to censor itself for google ad revenue and wouldn't go away for a long time.

You're a genius Bunky. I'd be in on this too.

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2015, 11:25:40 PM »
Google are P.ricks they just want to censor everything, F.uck em.
Vitalbmx: Cellmember
Bmxforum: Cellmember
Bmxmuseum: Cellmember
Ref\'s: http://www.bmx-forum.com/u/64216/cellmember

Offline MEAT

• I AM THE LAW
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2015, 01:08:42 AM »
That printer is amazing,  never seen a delta one before and took a fair old while to figure out what was going on,  it can't be as accurate as a regular one with 3 linear sliding axes is it?

Can't really find any videos or much else about them

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2015, 01:20:28 AM »
Sheepdogs achievements:

1. Moves forum over to 'better' host, many old members lose log in details.

2. Removes rep

3. Deletes popular threads

Thanks m8
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline sheepdog

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 02:25:55 AM »
That printer is amazing,  never seen a delta one before and took a fair old while to figure out what was going on,  it can't be as accurate as a regular one with 3 linear sliding axes is it?

Can't really find any videos or much else about them
Cartesians (normal printers) are based on 40's milling machines designed to be operated by humans, ours (a delta) is based on more modern robotics. A cartesian is linear across the surface (it's steps per mm never change), while a delta changes precision as it moves out from the center (more or less steps per mm).  However, in terms of accuracy, everything else matters far more than your movement resolution once you reach a certain point, how fast you can make such precise movement, how good your filament is, slop in the drive system, etc...

The good side of a delta though is the combination of speed and precision, there is less weight being moved, so there is less mass to switch directions and develop slop. We went so fast and developed so much back pressure in the system that we were breaking everything we got off the shelf, including the nozzle. Unfortunately a delta requires twice the processing power as a cartesian, and on ours, we went with double the motor resolution as well, making it need even more processing power, which is actually a serious limitation for some. We fixed that by using a cell phone processor, rather than using toy robotics electronics.

For the same level of detail and quality, we can run 3 times as fast as most other printers on the market, and often 3 times as fast.

Offline alaskun

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2015, 03:08:13 AM »
Removed - You really don't want to cross me right now.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 03:17:20 AM by sheepdog »

Offline sheepdog

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2015, 03:16:23 AM »
Sheepdogs achievements:

2. Removes rep

Thanks m8

You're quite welcome!
Next time I need to verify 3,500,000 posts in 24 hours I'll be sure to call you and then you can do it. I have a lawyer on retainer, he'd be happy to draw up the contract for this, penalties and all.

A few passwords were corrupted, but many simply didn't know their passwords or were disabled because they were too f'ing easy to guess. As for the host and software change, just let me know where to send the bill and I'll switch it right back to how it was. That will be $1600 for software every 3 years, and $105 every month for hosting. No seriously, let me know and I'll send you the bill.  No? Then shut the hell up.

Offline sheepdog

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2015, 03:34:28 AM »
Most Kickstarters fail horribly and it requires lot of effort to pull off a good one.

Then there is BG, everyone says they would be down and will throw in money, a few will truly kick in but most will actually only contribute a dollar or two. In 13 years, I don't think BG has broke $400 in total donations and that even counts the raffle.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2015, 03:48:08 AM »
Disappears for years, still can put the burn on.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Stoked

• dood.sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2015, 04:15:59 AM »
Get some products donated from co's and run lottos for users to generate site funds
Quote from: i am hollywood;3458649
The Ezra 'Q' freecoaster should be out in time to put on your 2012 christmas list

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 09:43:26 AM »
Sheepdogs achievements:

2. Removes rep

Thanks m8

You're quite welcome!
Next time I need to verify 3,500,000 posts in 24 hours I'll be sure to call you and then you can do it. I have a lawyer on retainer, he'd be happy to draw up the contract for this, penalties and all.

Well, you didn't even try by the sound of things. There are a fair few dedicated mods on this board and countless extra users who could of helped. But instead you just removed (deleted?) some of the communities favourite threads and a large section of its history.
A few passwords were corrupted, but many simply didn't know their passwords or were disabled because they were too f'ing easy to guess. As for the host and software change, just let me know where to send the bill and I'll switch it right back to how it was. That will be $1600 for software every 3 years, and $105 every month for hosting. No seriously, let me know and I'll send you the bill.  No? Then shut the hell up.

And how much is the ad revenue? Googles input must be considerable for you to take the action you did. Maybe some transparency, rather than treating us like children. This isn't some huge mega forum, it's a fairly close knit group of people
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 09:43:26 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello