Multimedia

Author Topic: RAWING SUNDAY FRAME  (Read 6422 times)

Offline g.n.a.r.

• View Profile
RAWING SUNDAY FRAME
« on: March 05, 2015, 08:18:39 AM »
i have a sunday 3rd wave, in blue wave, really sick of the childish color, how hard has it been for anyone to raw a sunday frame with the thick powder coat and the black magic coating, im going to use stripper in a spray can, will this be effective?

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
Re: RAWING SUNDAY FRAME
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 09:30:28 AM »
I usually get the best results using aircraft remover spray with a high grit steelwool. If you spray it them wait 5 minutes and use the wool to rub it off it works. Ive used jasco and it barely eats the first coat of paint.

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 09:45:28 AM »
I would recommend just painting it a new colour over the top. The stock paint is very high quality and makes a great key for a new coat of whatever colour you fancy. Rawing it will take a LOT of time and effort and chances are you will want to protect it from rust etc and clear coat is pretty disappointing from this point of view. Chances are in 6 months you will have a crappy looking rusty frame and end up wanting to paint it again anyway. So save some time now and just give it a very light sand to key the paint, then spray it to look like a bunch of entangled snakes fornicating...

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline Rick Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 12:50:14 PM »
I did a 2-tone fade powder-coat job over a brand new Flatware frame...and yes I would agree with George, the stock coating is tough as hell and is a great base for new paint. Just sand any deep scratches out, clean the hell out of it and squirt away.

I have a great pic, but it wont let me upload...bummer!

Offline metalbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 02:11:40 PM »
I rawed my brand new set of black odyssey forks out pretty easily with a spray can paint stripper

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 03:10:34 PM »
sandblast it
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline RAILS!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 09:12:11 AM »
I've always found the best way to take paint off a Sunday is to do bigger hand rails.

Quote from: Liam;3498857
You need to calm down before you end up eating your own sh*t in a cave with a tinfoil hat on.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 09:12:11 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello