Multimedia

Author Topic: Death penalty (re; Bali 9 executions)  (Read 27650 times)

Offline JFax

• View Profile
Re: Death penalty (re; Bali 9 executions)
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2015, 02:37:44 PM »
For those interested in the actual case AlJazeera has a lengthy interview up with the indonesian president. Unless you are american though, think aljazeera's vids are blocked in the states...
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2015, 08:44:44 PM »
5 of the 9 are.

Chan and Sukumaran who are on death row are not, the rest of the 9 are not being sentenced to death.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline RAILS!

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 06:25:16 AM »
Unless you are american though, think aljazeera's vids are blocked in the states...

Surprise surprise.
Quote from: Liam;3498857
You need to calm down before you end up eating your own sh*t in a cave with a tinfoil hat on.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2015, 05:48:28 PM »
I did not know that Al-Jazeera was blocked in the US, that's insane.
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 06:44:50 PM »
It's not blocked, it's channel 200 something on tv here.

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2015, 06:58:26 PM »
Vids from their websites are semi-blocked. Have to go to a special site to see some content.

Idk, it is blocked on my chrome that is set to use American IP addresses.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 10:06:23 PM »
Fuck that, if the majority thinks the minority ethnicity should be cleansed of the earth, standing by to let them govern themselves is bullshit.

Man genocide is something else compared to drug runners.

I do think a world police is needed in today's world, don't get me wrong, just that you can't expect the locals to wholeheartedly accept what some bigger nation proposes.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2015, 12:43:09 AM »
It's the equivalent of Muslims going crazy because some guy in France drew Muhammad. To them that's law. They broke it and they deserved the punishment cause their ideas of law are above everyone else. I'm not equating one to the other but if democracy truly is the best system to govern a region then let the people come to that conclusion by themselves, not let it be dictated by a bunch of outsiders who feel they know best for them.

And this

I do think a world police is needed in today's world, don't get me wrong, just that you can't expect the locals to wholeheartedly accept what some bigger nation proposes.

Have very distinct conflicts in my eyes.

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2015, 01:40:21 AM »
It's a thin line. Countries deserve a level of self determination which allows them to define which freedoms mean most to them but at the same time I do believe in a universal principle of basic human rights and if those rights are violated. The UN has the right to impede.

But this isn't genocide it's story of a bunch of foreigners who got caught doing a clearly illegal thing for profit. From what I can see there is no call for all Indonesian drug smugglers with similar fates to be freed, just these 9. Simply because they're foreigners from a more powerful nation.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2015, 02:07:30 AM »
There should be equal precedence to chronic public masturbators being put to death as there is an asshole dealing death. I think it's bullshit to delineate the death penalty. It is a very precise and contradictory thing to declare the worth of a life and simultaneously exclaim the forfeiture of another's.   

Offline LukeTom

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2015, 01:02:57 PM »
I do not think the taking of a life is ever justified. There have been too many fuck ups in the courts where it is later proved that the dead guy is innocent. There is never any way of being 100% certain, at least with prison you can be compensated/released if you end up being innocent. It is a permanent solution and as seen in many cases it all too often ends up killing innocent people.

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2015, 03:27:41 PM »
People can preach the importance of taking an innocent life but the very same people don't think twice about a system which negates the quality of everyday human lives in the favor of expanding the 'livelihood' of a few. They know it exists but they also know the sacrifice which would be needed to end such a thing, virtually no one is willing to make that sacrifice regardless how noble the idea. The world is a hypocrisy. Quite honestly I don't judge those people who still hold ideals for human life cause frankly even the idea of people mattering is a step forwards more than the reality; which is that they don't.

Offline beermx

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2015, 01:03:08 AM »
Truffle butter
Refs: Milhous, asilva23, FlyRider130, sketchphoto, Gary, RyCon707, skateparkrider, jonathan, vandalsucks.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2015, 04:22:00 PM »
From what I can see there is no call for all Indonesian drug smugglers with similar fates to be freed, just these 9. Simply because they're foreigners from a more powerful nation.

Wrong. Also, Indonesia is busting nuts trying to get their nationals off death row in other countries for drug crimes. Hypocrisy is through the roof here.

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2015, 06:06:01 PM »

Wrong. Also, Indonesia is busting nuts trying to get their nationals off death row in other countries for drug crimes.

Source?

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2015, 06:06:01 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello