Multimedia

Author Topic: Death penalty (re; Bali 9 executions)  (Read 28005 times)

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
Death penalty (re; Bali 9 executions)
« on: March 04, 2015, 11:01:08 PM »
So some of you may know that we've got a couple of lads about to face the firing squad in Indonesia for trying to smuggle heroin through the country and into Australia. Big uproar here at the moment, even the conservative nutjobs are trying to save them. Doesn't look like it is going to change much now, I think the time for negotiating is over and our PM is such a twat that Indonesia will probably off these boys as a big "fuck you" to Abbott.

Anyway, thoughts on the death penalty? If you have any thoughts on this specific case, let me hear them.

This whole ordeal has changed my way of thinking about the death penalty...
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Death penalty (re; Bali 9 executions)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 11:32:05 PM »
I have know knowledge of this case but it seems pretty primitive over drug smuggling.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:41:45 PM »
It's Indonesia, they're not exactly the frontrunner on the list of progressive societies.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 11:47:19 PM »
For something like this, no reason to off them.

For a child molester, rapist, murderer, etc, those fucked up humans need to be removed from the gene pool.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 11:54:30 PM »
Interesting topic here. Haven't heard too much about it. Will look into it in the morning.

However, my thoughts on the death penalty: Simply put, it doesn't work. Using the US as an example, recidivism rates are higher in states which do have the death penalty which goes to show it doesn't do much to deter crimes. Strictly speaking from statistics, I'd rather see it done away with completely and have more money dumped into rehabilitating (probably not the right word to use in this instance, but whatever) offenders, getting them further education and real life skills to help set them up for when their time has been served. From a more personal, emotional side of things, there are certain crimes where I'd love to see the death penalty. Things like sex offences, pedophiles, etc. I realize there are other factors there, and it's more of a psychiatric thing, but again, emotions cloud logic when I hear about that in the news.

More specific to this case, I see it on both sides of the coin. And I'm assuming extradition isn't applicable in this scenario? For the first viewpoint, the crime was committed in a foreign country, so in a way, the country has somewhat of a right to sentence them. However, I feel like it's always better to have their home country be the ones who administer the justice. However, it seems like there's not a shot in hell that's going to happen
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 04:15:24 AM »

For a child molester, rapist, murderer, etc, those fucked up humans need to be removed from the gene pool.

Except none of those are genetic issues so removing from the gene pool won't prevent anyone else being like that. It would be far more useful to keep them alive and develop therapy methods so that we can prevent it occurring in the future and fix those who show tendancies towards that kind of behaviour
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline LuckyLuke

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 05:55:40 AM »
Then U.S. is so slow at actually killing the person that received the death penalty. It ends up costing them so much money in the long run to feed them for 10 years of waiting to die. I do think it is justified in the most heinous cases.

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 06:02:16 AM »
Another stoke for the fire is that Indonesia barely slapped the wrist of people in the successful terrorist plot in Bali in recent history where a shedload of Australians got killed. There was also an Aussie chick who got caught with pot that may not have even been hers that spent like 10-15 years in jail despite a lot of reasonable doubt

AU-Indo relations aside I think anyone that goes into SE Asia with drugs (especially shit like heroin, as opposed to grass) is fucking insane given their notoriety for whacking traffickers. Fuck that for a joke

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 07:45:59 AM »
Yeah, obviously the death penalty is ridiculous but you should know better than to smuggle drugs in a muslim country.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 09:31:34 AM »
I'd have serious delirium being on a jury where the prosecution was seeking the death penalty.

Offline pegs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 09:41:00 AM »

Except none of those are genetic issues so removing from the gene pool won't prevent anyone else being like that. It would be far more useful to keep them alive and develop therapy methods so that we can prevent it occurring in the future and fix those who show tendancies towards that kind of behaviour
it's opinions like yours that allow paedos to keep reoffending. turn them over to the mob

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 09:58:26 AM »
I lived in Singapore which boarders Indonesia for a while. They have the same laws and basically no drugs or druggies exist in Singapore.

Say what you want about the death penalty but in this case I would say it works, the country is virtually drug-free. How many are prepared to die over doing drugs or smuggling them?
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 10:30:09 AM »

It's more of a figure of speech to "remove them from the gene pool", meaning that we don't need people like that in our society. For the sake of everyone, people who commit heinous crimes and are guilty without a shadow of a doubt deserve nothing more than a bullet to the head.

Offline Allah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 12:31:07 PM »
Even if it is justified (and maybe it is in some cases) it isn't worth having it because one erroneous judgement could sentence an innocent person to death.
"Who knows what Ruben actually does?" Garrett Byrnes

45th Generation Roman.

Danno

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 12:34:53 PM »
For something like this, no reason to off them.

Definitely, they deserve to die.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 12:34:53 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello