Multimedia

Author Topic: When your Sunday Soundwave is cracked in 3 places, is all hope lost?  (Read 48578 times)

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
Re: When your Sunday Soundwave is cracked in 3 places, is all hope lost?
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2015, 07:50:35 PM »
Can we put this whole warranty thing away now please?

We offer a warranty because we think it helps reassure riders that the part is going to hold up and we stand behind it. If we are asking someone to spend top dollar on a frame or fork or bar or crank, then it seems reasonable to me that we have a way to say "hey, we want you to buy this and feel confident in it, so rather than just take our word for it, here's some solid reassurance."

We don't get a huge amount of warranty because for 99% of riders our parts will hold up 99% of the time.

Some other manufacturers have no fucking idea what they are doing in terms of engineering, so when they try to do a warranty like ours they get swamped and have to start adding caveats and restrictions that go way beyond the spirit of the warranty. And they also bitch and moan (including to us) that we shouldn't offer our warranty, and that its "ridiculous"... It isnt ridiculous, what's ridiculous is that companies will release critical parts with terrible flawed designs and not give a shit when riders hurt themselves when they snap.

:)
G.

Agreed 100%

Example, Fly using braze for brake mounts, ended in snapping off the mount housings.
Vitalbmx: Cellmember
Bmxforum: Cellmember
Bmxmuseum: Cellmember
Ref\'s: http://www.bmx-forum.com/u/64216/cellmember

Offline Boomhauer

• Least Favourite JUGGALO by far
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2015, 08:57:57 AM »
if you dont wanna warranty it or buy a new frame laz get it welded up. sounds like you caught the cracks before they became mission critical, so it should be salvagable

I just bought a BTM and some Indent cranks from Trap Miguel so I'll have a decent spare/temporary frame and then I'll see what Sunday says about it, if they're not into it then I'll just save up and go custom I think.
Quote from: Bink;3116353
Yeah, f**k that.  Grind everything.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3612141
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Offline CARROTFVCKER

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2015, 07:48:50 PM »
Judging by the quality of your posts, you'd be the last person on here I'd expect to understand me. ^

maybe change that user name to SelfRightousBMX

Offline thirks

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2015, 08:51:56 PM »
^^^ ZING
Quote from: joe p.;2766473
I nail my girlfriend on her period regularly, she claims it\'s actually better. Just wear a condom so you don\'t get blood on your wang.

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2015, 05:17:25 AM »
Judging by the quality of your posts, you'd be the last person on here I'd expect to understand me. ^

Box of green

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2015, 10:19:48 AM »
Holy fuck what a shit show. Odyssey Sunday stand behind their product 100%. It's a lifetime warranty, are you really going to spend 350 on a frame when you can replace your frame through their warranty process.

That's a lot of beer.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2015, 11:19:24 AM »
Indeed, Lazarus all hope has departed from your situation.

Offline Boomhauer

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2015, 09:11:02 AM »
Holy fuck what a shit show. Odyssey Sunday stand behind their product 100%. It's a lifetime warranty, are you really going to spend 350 on a frame when you can replace your frame through their warranty process.

That's a lot of beer.
  Don't go reminding me how much beer that could add up to now, thats like hitting below the belt..

as far as warranties go, I'm on a flow team and can't bring myself to ask for parts.. I don't know about you guys but it makes me feel more broke and stupid than I already am..
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Offline metalbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2015, 12:58:34 PM »

That's a lot of beer.
  Don't go reminding me how much beer that could add up to now, thats like hitting below the belt..

as far as warranties go, I'm on a flow team and can't bring myself to ask for parts.. I don't know about you guys but it makes me feel more broke and stupid than I already am..

Why would you not ask for parts being on a flow team? That's the whole fuken point! Or at least offer to pay cost price

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2015, 08:19:35 PM »
you dropped something. whos flowin u bro?
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline Boomhauer

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2015, 01:28:12 AM »

That's a lot of beer.

Why would you not ask for parts being on a flow team? That's the whole fuken point! Or at least offer to pay cost price
I never get to travel or visit them or even film so I'm not really earning shit.

Offline Bink

• Douglas Terrance Fischer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2015, 01:44:38 PM »

The most important post in this thread.

Offline RighteousBMX

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2015, 09:59:58 AM »
Don't worry bros, it's ok, I'm on a flow team.

Offline Boomhauer

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2015, 04:48:23 PM »
Don't worry bros, it's ok, I'm on a flow team.
Fuck off, it's  not like I'm  craming this shit down your throat, if you don't like the shit I say then get the fuck out of my thread and don't look back.

Offline RighteousBMX

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2015, 09:58:46 PM »
On flow now, guys. Got my bars pretty dialed, switch 3z, couple slopposite dub pegz 2 hard colorway 270 to sliders, don't get much product though. 'fraid to ask, don't wanna seem weird er nothin.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2015, 09:58:46 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello