Multimedia

Author Topic: Chromebook Users?  (Read 5371 times)

Offline Rusty

• A22's Loverboy
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Chromebook Users?
« on: February 22, 2015, 02:36:10 PM »
Have any of you used/owned any of those Chrome OS laptops? I'm looking to upgrade to something newer and more compact. Most of my work is web based but I am downloading a lot of PDFs for shipping labels. Worth investing in one of these or going with a more compact windows 8 laptop?

I was looking at this HP Chromebook
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N3ODBBA/ref=dra_a_rv_ff_fx_it_P2000_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=112f2d9b77d8b3cba78f67f639fa45a4_S&dra_hfr=1&dra_ohs=0-0

Thanks!

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Chromebook Users?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 03:58:42 PM »
I've had a Samsung Chromebook for a few years. It's good for web browsing but that's about it. Viewing PDFs works well enough, printing can be a bit of a pain to configure but it works okay. Google docs will never take the place of the full MS Office Suite but works in a pinch.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 06:44:17 PM »
id say if you like the look, get it and install a suitable linux disto on it instead of chrome os, but youd probs be best with a cheap win 8 machine
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline Finn the Human

• Algebraic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 04:05:40 AM »
id say if you like the look, get it and install a suitable linux disto on it instead of chrome os, but youd probs be best with a cheap win 8 machine

Asus x205?

Offline slvtn

• View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 05:39:40 AM »
If you actually wanna work on it, you want a business notebook. Carrying it with you everyday will require a strong chassis, long battery life and light weight. I'd recommend either a Macbook Air if it has to be the ultra of an ultrabook, otherwise look for a Thinkpad. The new Intel Broadwell models came out recently, so the Haswell generation will drop in price. Thinkpad X240 would be worth a view if an 12" screen is enough for you, otherwise have a look on the T440s. I think both have two batteries (at least the T440s does), one built in (still removable) and one removable. Can get you 10 hours of browsing / office work easily while still being strong and portable. They're not as pretty as a Macbook and that wannabe Mac ultrabooks, the newer models are fairly nice though and that keyboard is one of the best (if not the best) out there.
I couldn\'t tell if she was wet or the pasta was just beyond al-dente.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 04:20:08 PM »
Toshiba Portege Ultrabook Z930 with i7, do it.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 04:20:08 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special