Multimedia

Author Topic: Euro/Interbike 2015  (Read 67947 times)

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Re: Euro/Interbike 2015
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2015, 09:17:50 AM »
The Spanish bearing is smaller than the mid bearing does someone really need explaining as to why one is stronger than the other?

Offline Spev

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2015, 05:22:29 PM »
T least you'll be able to run everyone's cranks. And buy bearings off the shelf for some of them

Technically speaking you still won't be able to get off the shelf bearings for 22mm mid. They are generally only common now in the bike industry. That was the whole benefit of Spanish BB's, the 37mm outer diameter was available off the shelf in many inner diameter options to suit the numerous spindle diameters of the day (excluding 15/16" as it wasn't around).

No.

Mid has ONE standard size, 3/4" (so fit normal Profiles etc).

Spanish had ONE standard size 20mm (so fit nothing except some cheap OEM cranks)

However, Spanish was always just that bit too small.

:)
G.

I stand corrected. My main point though was that you still wont be able to get "off the shelf" bearings for 22mm mid. I certainly wasn't advocating Spanish BB's being a better alternative, I simply thought I remembered David from fly justifying the 37mm bearing OD preference for Spanish BB's due to the fact they had more options. It would appear there are far less "off the shelf" options available for the 1-5/8" bearing OD of Mid however, I'm sure you'll prove me wrong G.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2015, 04:45:07 AM »
T least you'll be able to run everyone's cranks. And buy bearings off the shelf for some of them

Technically speaking you still won't be able to get off the shelf bearings for 22mm mid. They are generally only common now in the bike industry. That was the whole benefit of Spanish BB's, the 37mm outer diameter was available off the shelf in many inner diameter options to suit the numerous spindle diameters of the day (excluding 15/16" as it wasn't around).

However, Spanish was always just that bit too small.

G.

why? are they really too weak? never had a problem with mine I think (when I used to run it) , saves a considerable amount  of weight , with bearings and bb being smaller.

Yes. On a 22mm crank it was just too thin. Sure some people were "fine" with a Spanish BB on 22mm but a good proportion DID break... never seen a Mid BB bearing broken in the same way...

Quantify "considerable amount of weight"... Was probably a maximum of about 50g, which seems a very small penalty to go from frequent failure to zero...

G.

ive cracked the inner race on a 22mm odyssey mid bb, but that was after like 5 years and having been bashed in and out of a few frames. my spanish did the same but way quicker
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline bluebmx

• Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2015, 07:31:58 AM »
For all the guys talking about animal, Part 2 is out: http://www.epictv.com/media/podcast/past-present-and-future-part-2-%7C-animal-bikes-/603366

It's not overly specific, but I can add to it that all is well again (and it wasn't for about a year) with the company and they are moving forward with restocking old product as well as new stuff.

Offline meathead

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2015, 02:16:48 PM »
For all the guys talking about animal, Part 2 is out: http://www.epictv.com/media/podcast/past-present-and-future-part-2-%7C-animal-bikes-/603366

It's not overly specific, but I can add to it that all is well again (and it wasn't for about a year) with the company and they are moving forward with restocking old product as well as new stuff.

after a  18 hour day at work and almost killing numerous customers  this has just brought the biggest fucking smile to my face

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2015, 11:24:16 PM »

Fuck yea Brett! Was searching for this last night.

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2015, 03:08:14 AM »
Excitement, is at an all time high

Offline Mychaylo

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2015, 05:31:37 AM »
Binge purchasing edwins and glh tyres can now cease, i can finally save some money.
Lovin' is what i got.

Offline 14thStbikes

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2015, 08:09:21 AM »
Binge purchasing edwins and glh tyres can now cease, i can finally save some money.

I have a couple pairs of GLH's I have been sitting on. Great news.

Offline The Brawn

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2015, 12:38:40 AM »
The only thing I question in that Animal video is that Ralph states that both Nick B's work there. Nick Benson left Animal like 8 months ago and is at Cult?

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2015, 01:46:01 AM »
more glhs please, black and green. failing that, hopefully the make will rip em off
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2015, 01:46:01 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special