Multimedia

Author Topic: Yakob/Merged article on tyre size  (Read 20629 times)

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
Re: Yakob/Merged article on tyre size
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 04:09:24 PM »
Rubber can be very variable, however, with a bike tyre the final shape is much more down to the casing, which is nylon. Yes there will be a significant variation in final size, but around a predictable "norm".

The article isnt mind blowing, but its definitely a move forward from the "here's XXXXX's new signature seat/stem/sprocket/bar"...

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 05:27:07 PM »
i noticed on insta this morning that fit has restocked all their big fat coloured street tyres in 2.3 and 2.4, but are also now going to be offering them in 2.1

is the market switching back to thinner tyres again?

Mother of god.  I can only hope.  That is my tire size of choice but it is so hard finding anything worth a damn.  Aitken 2.10" is about all that is out there (IMO) that is worth a shit.
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 05:30:18 PM »
Rubber can be very variable, however, with a bike tyre the final shape is much more down to the casing, which is nylon. Yes there will be a significant variation in final size, but around a predictable "norm".

The article isnt mind blowing, but its definitely a move forward from the "here's XXXXX's new signature seat/stem/sprocket/bar"...

G.

I personally am about ready to vomit over the "So and so rider's signature part has to be the best because look how hard they shred!"    I mean, I'm sure that shit works on little kids.  But every time I see that I'm all

Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 09:52:18 PM »

G.

I personally am about ready to vomit over the "So and so rider's signature part has to be the best because look how hard they shred!"    I mean, I'm sure that shit works on little kids.  But every time I see that I'm all

Green box

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 04:01:17 AM »

G.

yeah but thats what sells cheap parts to teenagers with big markups
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 04:05:01 AM »

Who is making a big mark up?
Hangovers and trains

Offline tim_sch

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 06:54:07 AM »
i noticed on insta this morning that fit has restocked all their big fat coloured street tyres in 2.3 and 2.4, but are also now going to be offering them in 2.1

Mother of god.  I can only hope.  That is my tire size of choice but it is so hard finding anything worth a damn.  Aitken 2.10" is about all that is out there (IMO) that is worth a shit.

Primo Wall dude!

Offline tecnic1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 07:12:27 AM »

Maxxis Grifter/Rizer

Offline tecnic1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 07:14:49 AM »
I've asked this in a few places, and never really got a credible answer, but where have all the folding/k-lyte/p-lyte tires gone?

What's a rotating weight whore got to do to get some love?

Offline KillSeth

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 08:04:37 AM »
Chris at Odyssey said that the kevlar tires just weren't selling enough any more to justify production.

RIP Aitken K-Lyte. You were the bee's knees.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 08:13:06 AM »

cult, stranger etc

Offline Eggit2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2015, 03:16:43 PM »
I found a set of tan wall, white tread, k-lytes in my LBS' bargain bin. I was pretty stoked.

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2015, 04:48:31 PM »

cult, stranger etc

I get that you're not into them but you're talking out your ass.
Hangovers and trains

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2015, 09:11:27 PM »

cult, stranger etc

I get that you're not into them but you're talking out your ass.
am i? it annoys me that companys can make a ton of money just by printing their logo onto the most generic parts and outsell other companies that actually put work into designing and coming up with new shit (stranger more than cult, cult try a bit even if its dumb like bus handrail frames)

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 06:09:59 AM »
It's a totally valid point that you don't like that generic shit is more popular than some more out there/innovative designs - I'm 100% behind you with that one. It's the question of money that I disagree with. That slice of pie is smaller and smaller. I'd find it hard to believe that anyone would bother putting in work to compete for a place in a flooded market with no interest in the sport. There are easier ways to make money. Even though I'm not into Stranger I don't think it is just about the $$$$$, they seem into what they do and try some new stuff product wise. If everything we see on TCU made $$$(sweet dollaz bro) every kid would be on a Stranger and wearing an OSS shirt.
Cult is obviously very popular but I think it is well deserved and not to be put on the same level as more generic companies. I can totally get why you're not into it - it's not for everyone.

So how about them tyre sizes?
Hangovers and trains

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 06:09:59 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello