Multimedia

Author Topic: Audio Book Player  (Read 7061 times)

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
Audio Book Player
« on: February 11, 2015, 09:47:00 AM »
I have a 34 hour drive ahead of me, and I had a couple books recommended to me by a coworker.

What I'm looking for is a good audiobook player for iPhone. I'd prefer if it was able to keep the audiobook separate from the rest of my music on the phone, but if it doesn't, that's not the end of the world.
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline Bink

• Douglas Terrance Fischer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Audio Book Player
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 03:44:48 PM »
I've only used iTunes for audio books, but I hear good things about Audible.com. I believe you can use it free for 30 days, though I'm sure the book selection is limited during the trial period.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 04:39:43 PM »
Bink, I ended up putting the books into iTunes. However, now they won't sync up with my phone. Any idea why?

Offline Bink

• Douglas Terrance Fischer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 06:22:21 PM »
Bink, I ended up putting the books into iTunes. However, now they won't sync up with my phone. Any idea why?

I'm not sure. It could be due to the file type. If that's the case, there are some free conversion programs that should solve the problem. Beyond that, my lack of tech knowledge won't be much help. Hopefully you can get it sorted.

Offline MilkyWilky

• www.marcsist.com
    • View Profile
    • Marcsist
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 09:29:23 AM »
My mom was on some about that http://www.audible.com maybe you can get a free trial or coupon code somewhere?

Also you should try to get 'The Reader - Bernhard Schlink' on audio cassette. For irony.

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 02:28:48 AM »
it might be your sync settings on itunes. Plenty of coupons for a free audiobook download from audible hardcore history has one. Hardcore History are really well done if you want to listen to a good podcast.
Hangovers and trains

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 04:22:34 AM »
On a somewhat related note, I listen to loads of podcasts at work during the day, have recently started listening to them at 2x playback, absolute gamechanger.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 07:05:45 AM »
it might be your sync settings on itunes. Plenty of coupons for a free audiobook download from audible hardcore history has one. Hardcore History are really well done if you want to listen to a good podcast.

Oddly, sync settings were all good. Ended up deleting all my music and other media from my phone, signing out and back in of iCloud on my phone and then syncing everything all over again and it seems to have done the trick.

I don't listen to many podcasts, just been on a streak of books since last August. All 5 of ASOIAF books, a couple of the Harry Potter series. Now onto Ready Player One and The Martian.

Offline MilkyWilky

• www.marcsist.com
    • View Profile
    • Marcsist
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 03:15:20 AM »

Oddly, sync settings were all good. Ended up deleting all my music and other media from my phone, signing out and back in of iCloud on my phone and then syncing everything all over again and it seems to have done the trick.

I don't listen to many podcasts, just been on a streak of books since last August. All 5 of ASOIAF books, a couple of the Harry Potter series. Now onto Ready Player One and The Martian.

Happened to me once I just flickered the bathroom light 5 times, turned the faucet on and off 5 times, and said 'Steve Jobs', slept with my iphone under my mattress and it was fine. FYI incase it happens again.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 03:15:20 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello