Multimedia

Author Topic: JC/PC questions  (Read 4683 times)

Offline tim_sch

• View Profile
JC/PC questions
« on: February 01, 2015, 03:45:40 PM »
So I'm taking one side of the pins of each pedal out. I have two problems:
1) Some bolts won't get out because the place where the nut sits in got rounded a bit so the nut is turning around in the plastic. Any ideas how to get them out?

2) The grindside staying down. I heard something about fishing weights, but how would I attach these to the pedal?

Brooklynrider

Re: JC/PC questions
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 05:51:10 PM »
JCPCs don't tend to spin very well. After a while of having one side slick, I have developed a habit to slide my foot on the pedal to make sure I'm on the correct side. It's become a subconscious thing and I don't even realize that I do it anymore. Also as a side note, if you crankflip then you will always end up on the slippery side of the pedal and its quite easy to get a shinner.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 05:54:17 PM »
through trial and error ive developed an optimised pin pattern for the pedal i grind on, so the bolts dont get stuck in. try jamming some long nose pliers in there to get some extra grip

worst case scenario id just hacksaw the old bolt and pedal body to get it out, id recommend having a spare set of bolts (theyre only a few $$$) so you can replace the ones on the outside of the pedal cos they always get mauled
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline KillSeth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 08:22:19 AM »
JCPCs don't tend to spin very well. After a while of having one side slick, I have developed a habit to slide my foot on the pedal to make sure I'm on the correct side. It's become a subconscious thing and I don't even realize that I do it anymore.

This 100%.

As for getting the grinded pins out, needle nose pliers tend to go the trick for me.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 08:22:19 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello