Multimedia

Author Topic: welded clamp  (Read 8856 times)

Offline andtitlefight

• View Profile
welded clamp
« on: January 15, 2015, 10:22:54 AM »
Has anyone ever ever cut off an integrated seat clamp and filed the excess clean to run a regular clamp? The crack next to the clamp on my frame is minimal, I'm considering trying this and riding it a bit longer. Any input would be great. I hung it up, but im considering trying. Thanks dudes.

Offline Patty

• View Profile
Re: welded clamp
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:33:14 AM »
You have the sfa right? I'd measure it out and see where your at with mutiny or kink trim clamp. Or cut that thing off at a nice angle, file it pretty and run a wedge post
Quote from: Austin Tasseltine;3615349
yeah its got to be, but the fact that you never can be sure with an opinionated christian on the internet is worrying

Offline Stoked

• dood.sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 10:45:25 AM »
Maybe cut the tabs, clean it up and get a slim metal clamp welded on.  Would s&m fix it? 
Quote from: i am hollywood;3458649
The Ezra 'Q' freecoaster should be out in time to put on your 2012 christmas list

Offline andtitlefight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 10:56:10 AM »
You have the sfa right? I'd measure it out and see where your at with mutiny or kink trim clamp. Or cut that thing off at a nice angle, file it pretty and run a wedge post
yeah the sfa. The crack shows inside too but minimally, so it would probably be alright, i think a wedge would further it unfortunately.

Offline andtitlefight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 10:57:11 AM »
Maybe cut the tabs, clean it up and get a slim metal clamp welded on.  Would s&m fix it?
i should ask em, maybe i can clean it up and attempt that option also, or maybe just leave it on the wall haha

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 07:07:32 PM »
you used to be able to get the fly steel clamps seperate. theyre welded onto the frames usually, but you could also get them seperate and they were really slim. otherwise wedge post is an option.

you could even cut the integrated clamp off, get the frame welded, then get new integrated clamp tabs welded back on after. integrated clamps are dumb though, i hope we move back to seperate seatclamps again
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 11:25:07 PM »
^ No use getting rid of a poor-clamping, bolt-wrecking integrated only to replace it with one

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 12:45:49 AM »
Could you retro it to a OG Garret frame? Welded post with guts at the top?

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 04:19:52 AM »
Cant you just weld the crack?
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 05:22:53 AM »
^ No use getting rid of a poor-clamping, bolt-wrecking integrated only to replace it with one

those fly ones are better than integrateds, at least you can replace them. tbh the clamp on my btm has been fine, i think it depends on the manufacturer. still prefer a proper clamp though
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline metalbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 09:42:54 AM »
Mine did the same so I lopped off the entire seat tube above the top tube and used the animal wedge post

Offline Boomhauer

• Least Favourite JUGGALO by far
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 09:50:08 AM »

This ^ Grab the Kink clamp, I always over torque my seat clamps since I'm fuck footed and land on my seat on whips alot and I've had the Kink for a couple months and it has been fine and is super slim.
Quote from: Bink;3116353
Yeah, f**k that.  Grind everything.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3612141
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 09:50:08 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special