Multimedia

Author Topic: Hoffman Bikes  (Read 16245 times)

Offline tecnic1

• View Profile
Hoffman Bikes
« on: January 09, 2015, 12:17:26 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about Hoffman Bikes other that the Pacific Cycles tomfoolery and the samples they had at Interbike?

I get this feeling that they're done. 

If so, I suppose it's more graceful to kinda fade away (e.g., 2-Hip) than die in a public catastrafuck (e.g., Eastern).

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hoffman Bikes
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 07:01:15 PM »
I still want a Flash.

Offline Mychaylo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 10:21:45 PM »
I hope not, my 07 bama was the best riding frame i ever had.
Lovin' is what i got.

Offline meathead

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 03:48:42 AM »
they've been updating there facebook page lately? and have a few new bits out this year .... lowdrag bars are making a comeback!

Danno

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 04:01:19 AM »
They've moved to a new distributor in the UK and have launched a new range of bikes and team. Pacific Cycles are part of Dorel, who own the UK supplier too so there's definitely some sort of tie up there. The new range is proving to be pretty popular but I havent seen any frames or parts comes through yet.

I don't see them disappearing anywhere, Dorel are a giant and know what they're doing.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:06:40 AM by Danno »

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 04:13:25 AM »
Based on what I have heard they will in a sense divide the product catalouge in two parts. One with bikes and some parts for sports stores and one with more actual rider oriented parts/bikes
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline redface

• View Profile
    • http://www.empirebmx.com
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 06:21:13 PM »
Based on what I have heard they will in a sense divide the product catalouge in two parts. One with bikes and some parts for sports stores and one with more actual rider oriented parts/bikes

in the USA, there will be a small number of lower end bikes sold at sporting goods stores, with a different line of completes and aftermarket frames/parts sold through bike shops

Offline Mychaylo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 08:17:26 PM »
They've moved to a new distributor in the UK and have launched a new range of bikes and team. Pacific Cycles are part of Dorel, who own the UK supplier too so there's definitely some sort of tie up there. The new range is proving to be pretty popular but I havent seen any frames or parts comes through yet.

I don't see them disappearing anywhere, Dorel are a giant and know what they're doing.

Danno you have any idea when shops over here are getting the low drag bars?
Lovin' is what i got.

Offline (jeff)

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 09:46:53 PM »
I noticed months ago that mailorders no longer carried Hoffman stuff. I hope that changes soon because i want a Bama frame. The Hoffman website has 2015 products.

Offline tecnic1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 05:45:58 AM »
I noticed months ago that mailorders no longer carried Hoffman stuff. I hope that changes soon because i want a Bama frame. The Hoffman website has 2015 products.
That's the observation that lead me to start this thread.  Initially I thought it was just a stock issue, but I would have expected the 2015 stuff to hit the streets by now.

Just reading around a little, It kinda seems like he is having trouble sorting a US distributor.

Danno

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 07:51:46 AM »

Danno you have any idea when shops over here are getting the low drag bars?

Just called them and he didn't have a date but they're definitely coming in. They're in the new dealer catalogue that's on the way to dealers this week.

Offline Kurt Hohberger

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bmxunion.com
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 08:19:45 AM »
They dropped a new website a few weeks back, too.

www.hoffmanbikes.com
Check out The Union! - http://www.bmxunion.com
Original interviews, videos, reviews, Insights... Daily videos, news and photos!

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 11:20:36 AM »
I would love a pair of low drag bars. I am just bummed that they just come in 8". As a tall guy I need/prefer taller bars.
I can kinda see how the idea of bringing them back is the brainchild of Mat, who might not be into the tall bar trend (even though 8" is quite tall anyway).
Not sure who the bars cater to, can only see flatlanders be into those bars with the current geometry, or old-school riders.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 01:59:50 PM »
So, the real question is - Will Sidewall's online distro store ever come back?
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Offline KillSeth

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 02:16:13 PM »
Dude, Sidewall Distro was the best. You could always find the most ridiculous deals.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 02:16:13 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello