Multimedia

Author Topic: Happy New Years!  (Read 20373 times)

Offline Allah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Years!
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 04:48:56 PM »
I'm sure most people probably accomplished this in 2002, but I'd like to do a legit wallride out of a quarter pipe in 2015.

I'm with you. One of those things that looks like it would be really easy if you go fast enough.
"Who knows what Ruben actually does?" Garrett Byrnes

45th Generation Roman.

Offline locomotive

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 06:46:20 PM »
going to stop checking instagram. Actually deleted it all-together

It's hilarious to me that this was a problem for you.

It's not real "problem", I actually only checked it maybe twice a day, and posted maybe once a month at most. I just find it pointless and stopped caring about what people post, because most of it is just crap or some braggadocios nonsense. What is the point of even checking for that shit? Obviously not everything on it is garbage, but around 90% is. I find it hilarious that people don't find Instagram a "problem", it has been on a steady downhill ever since facebook bought it out. Instagram is straight garbage now, and if you disagree you're a fool. It's just a new form of advertising, stalking, and a crying for attention. If that's what you intend to use it for, all the power to you, but I want no part any longer, and new years is a good excuse to alleviate that pointless daily habit.

Plus a new years resolution isn't about "problems" per se, it's about making one better to enjoy the finer things in life. I feel like life will be better when I filter out the stupid shit posted on the gram, and the most efficient way to do that is by just ignoring it altogether. For example, even frequenting the internet could be viewed as a barrier to enjoyment of the finer things in life.

Anyway, what's your resolution? You must be doing everything right in life to laugh at other resolutions, but omitting your own. I somehow doubt it though, the 6000 posts reinforce that lol
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 06:49:25 PM by locomotive »

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 08:26:57 PM »
Anyway, what's your resolution? You must be doing everything right in life to laugh at other resolutions, but omitting your own. I somehow doubt it though, the 6000 posts reinforce that lol

Took that to heart, yeah? Also, I've been here for nearly 7.5 years, of course I'm going to have a high post count. I love this site, though, I don't care if posting here daily is wrong.
I just use Instagram to follow my favorite bands and some pro riders because it kinda gives you a look into their personal lives and it's cool to see them doing things other than what they're famous for. I follow friends as well because it's nice to see what my friends are up to since I don't live close to most of them anymore. Either way, I don't really care what you think about it or whether you use it or not. It just seemed a bit silly for a New Years resolution to rule out exclusively Instagram, rather than just saying "social media altogether" or whatever but good on you for trying to change yourself for the better. More power to you.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline mrjimyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 11:19:57 PM »
locomotive are you following your actual friends? That may be the problem.
Bike Check

With enough lube and brute force, anything is possible.

Offline locomotive

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2015, 08:23:45 AM »
locomotive are you following your actual friends? That may be the problem.

Obviously, but it's much better when they show the photo in person. Instagram was very addictive for me at the start, but then I slowed down with the posting a checking it. My friends took notice and would ask if I saw their posts, or if I saw what so and so posted. If not they would show me and we would have a laugh or a discussion about it. I don't know, it seems like a better way to actually enjoy it for me instead of double tapping on a screen or leaving a comment. I follow pros, some stars and obviously mostly friends. The fact still remains, most of it is pointless shit that could be enjoyed in a different fashion. Id rather focus on my shit on my own time, and dedicate time to catching up with friends when I'm actually with them.

Offline locomotive

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2015, 08:48:05 AM »

Took that to heart, yeah? Also, I've been here for nearly 7.5 years, of course I'm going to have a high post count. I love this site, though, I don't care if posting here daily is wrong.
I just use Instagram to follow my favorite bands and some pro riders because it kinda gives you a look into their personal lives and it's cool to see them doing things other than what they're famous for. I follow friends as well because it's nice to see what my friends are up to since I don't live close to most of them anymore. Either way, I don't really care what you think about it or whether you use it or not. It just seemed a bit silly for a New Years resolution to rule out exclusively Instagram, rather than just saying "social media altogether" or whatever but good on you for trying to change yourself for the better. More power to you.

You took a jab at me, I hit you back with a reply? Did it hurt that bad?

I don't know if you noticed, but I don't sounds like a guy with a whole lot of social media digestion. Instagram is the only one I used, unless you count BG is another. So me saying no more instagram = no more social media.

I guess you can't really rape the willing, but I still feel what you described is a little "stalkerish". Plus you don't even get a real representation of a persons life on instagram, you get to see what they choose to post. So if you think you're really seeing what you're friends are really up to, because you follow them on instagram, you're just dumb. Unless your friends post their whole life on instagram, then they're dumb. Anyway, it's my newyears resolution, "I don't really care what you think about it or whether you use it or not."

Also, I wasn't really focusing on just the number of your post, but also what you've said will signify your life is no where near perfect. So it would be expected that it wouldn't be hard for you to think of a newyears resolution. I actually think I've lurked this forum for longer then you anyway, I only started to post because this place is dying off and no one is left to say what I think. Before, if I were to post it would just be regurgitation what has been said already, but now the numbers are few, so it's up to me to bring the salt for the meal.

Offline _tom_

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tom_the_beast
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2015, 10:22:06 AM »
No real resolutions here other than dedicate more time to playing guitar and getting my music recorded rather than sitting around getting baked with my mates every evening. That and ride my mtb more. I may start a body weight fitness routine soon as well as I'm bored of the dumbell workouts I've been following for ages.

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2015, 11:18:29 AM »
I guess you can't really rape the willing, but I still feel what you described is a little "stalkerish". So if you think you're really seeing what you're friends are really up to, because you follow them on instagram, you're just dumb.

Also, I wasn't really focusing on just the number of your post, but also what you've said will signify your life is no where near perfect.

My life isn't perfect at all and I don't actually claim it to be. If I had to make a resolution, I'd probably say to drink less beer.

Your views on people sharing photos is weird. "Stalkerish" Yeah, okay...

Plus you don't even get a real representation of a persons life on instagram, you get to see what they choose to post.

Holy shit! Someone alert the press! How did you figure this out?!
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2015, 02:47:50 PM »
My resolutions:
Drink less beer
Start working out again
Use my phone less often
Stop being lazy and go out and do things.

These are all things I should have been doing anyways, and it took a shitty break up to realise it
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline Sasha

• Pro_Tom
  • Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2015, 03:15:28 PM »
It amazes me that people could have such an issue with something like Instagram. It's exactly what you make it, with mine being mostly suicide girls, dogs and road bikes. Mint.

Offline mrjimyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2015, 05:28:18 PM »
It amazes me that people could have such an issue with something like Instagram. It's exactly what you make it, with mine being mostly suicide girls, dogs and road bikes. Mint.

This is all I was trying to say locomotive. There's a lot of stupid, spammy shit on there, but all you've got to do is hit unfollow. Not that it isn't still a waste of time, but you can waste your time without seeing things you aren't interested in.
Bike Check

With enough lube and brute force, anything is possible.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2015, 05:35:29 PM »
Fuck an instagram.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2015, 07:03:46 AM »
I follow my actual friends on instagram and its reasonably interesting.

Oh, and Fed Tom.
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline locomotive

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2015, 07:41:56 AM »
I guess you can't really rape the willing, but I still feel what you described is a little "stalkerish". So if you think you're really seeing what you're friends are really up to, because you follow them on instagram, you're just dumb.

Also, I wasn't really focusing on just the number of your post, but also what you've said will signify your life is no where near perfect.

My life isn't perfect at all and I don't actually claim it to be. If I had to make a resolution, I'd probably say to drink less beer.

Your views on people sharing photos is weird. "Stalkerish" Yeah, okay...

Plus you don't even get a real representation of a persons life on instagram, you get to see what they choose to post.

Holy shit! Someone alert the press! How did you figure this out?!

There you go! I got a resolution out of you, you fucking drunk! lol jk but my view on instagram still remains. @rodeopeanut is the only consistently good instagram out there and I can just check that on the internet when I want a laugh.

I see your point, but i just noticed my self viewing it daily and not liking shit all. Even the bmx shit I love is just regurgitated, scaled down version of what I'm going to see on transworld anyway. Or if pros post, it's something that wasn't really good enough to put in their video part, so they post it on instagram to promote themselves, or a lot of them would post throwback clips and be like '#fbf  to best clips, watch the video for more'. It's like most of us saw that video, because we wouldn't really be following you, or even know who you are if we didn't!

Offline Sasha

• Pro_Tom
  • Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2015, 02:37:48 PM »

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2015, 02:37:48 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special