Multimedia

Author Topic: 22mm spline drive sprickets?  (Read 10566 times)

Offline faldfhkhfidhfid

• View Profile
22mm spline drive sprickets?
« on: December 29, 2014, 11:14:16 PM »
Hey just been looking around for some nice beefy 22mm spline drive sprockets since I have the profile column cranks. At the moment in running the galaxy sprocket in 30T but was wondering what other sprockets I have to choose from in 30+ really wanted to go to 33 or 36 if the gnarcode allows it.
Heard the tom dugan sprocket will be coming in 10mm thick with an adapter from socket to spline?

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
Re: 22mm spline drive sprickets?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 07:25:49 PM »
Tree

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 08:01:19 PM »
Be careful with the Tree ones.  They only make them for certain 22mm cranks.  Something about not all 22mm spindles are the same size. 

I also doubt there will be much options in a 30+ tooth size in the 22mm splined.  Bigger gears are for sure on a come back, but I think they are still racing the 22mm spline drive on popularity/regularity.  Hopefully soon though as I am sort of leaning to your same preferences on bigger sprockets in 22mm spline. 
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Offline Nosferatu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 08:13:54 PM »
^^^^^ this. I have the tree with solid cranks and the spline insert would wobble on the spindle. Tree sent me a new insert tho and it fixed it. Before I had the tree I was using a United metro spline drive that was decent.

Offline blueee

• Dumbest, Ugliest, Rattiest spot searching master on bikeguide
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141705194
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 12:44:54 AM »
Anyone making 23/24t 22mm splined sprockets?
anyone making 22mm ti spindles?

Offline KillSeth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 01:17:35 PM »
Is it true that Sam at Tree invented the spline drive sprocket? From their site:

This sprocket uses Spline Drive a technology I developed when trying to improve the way sprockets are attached to cranks. We did not patent the design. (oops!) Although now many companies made good copies of our design I don’t believe any are as good as ours.

Offline badlight

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 02:50:46 PM »
anyone making 22mm ti spindles?
Profile do, but you have to use their wack 10mm bolts on it. What the fuck Profile? All the weight savings of a ti 22mm spindle negated by having to carry around an extra fucking allen key.  This shit makes me bitter, and I dont even own splined 22mm cranks.

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 03:47:40 PM »
really wanted to go to 33 or 36 if the gnarcode allows it.

running a 39t on mine

Offline Sasper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 07:24:22 PM »
I believe wtp had a 22mm ti spindle also. Not everything is about weightsaving.
Ti is cool and if you have it in your body , the bones will eventually grow into ti, just like ti plus ti coldwelding.

"The Great 2013 Bikeguide Suicide Re-format"

:)
G.

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 06:56:43 AM »
WARNING!

Putting Taiwan 22mm splined cranks on a Profile 22mm splined axle (or vice-versa) is going to be a massive disaster, they are very different sizes.

G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 11:40:31 AM »
WARNING!

Putting Taiwan 22mm splined cranks on a Profile 22mm splined axle (or vice-versa) is going to be a massive disaster, they are very different sizes.

G.

what about nonagon sprockets, man?

which compnaies utitlize it?

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 04:44:56 PM »
WARNING!

G.

Say what now !

G, please explain I appreciate your input, I'm currently on Columns myself with a Stolen 22mm Spindle which is 5-1/2, I swapped out the original Profile 6" for the Stolen mainly because 6" spreads out my arms too much.

Thanks G,

I like saying G.
Vitalbmx: Cellmember
Bmxforum: Cellmember
Bmxmuseum: Cellmember
Ref\'s: http://www.bmx-forum.com/u/64216/cellmember

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 04:15:01 PM »
WARNING!

G.

Say what now !

G, please explain I appreciate your input, I'm currently on Columns myself with a Stolen 22mm Spindle which is 5-1/2, I swapped out the original Profile 6" for the Stolen mainly because 6" spreads out my arms too much.

Thanks G,

I like saying G.

They are both ostensibly 22mm and 48 spline but the teeth are a slightly different angle, and measure significantly differently on major and minor diameters. Didn't you find it felt very bad fitting when you assembled it compared to the old axle??!!?

G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 05:05:10 PM »
WARNING!

G.

Say what now !

Thanks G,

I like saying G.

They are both ostensibly 22mm and 48 spline but the teeth are a slightly different angle, and measure significantly differently on major and minor diameters. Didn't you find it felt very bad fitting when you assembled it compared to the old axle??!!?

G.

They actually went together really smooth spline sprocket and cranks, though I do prep before I install anything to make sure the process is as smooth as possible, if anything the cranks weren't as hard to install as regular profile where using a installation tool is necessary as for the columns it wasn't needed but I know now exactly what you are talking about because I have had the similar situation with previous cranks, luckily they all worked fine once installed, thanks for the little bit of info G, I'll be sure to use it for the future.
Vitalbmx: Cellmember
Bmxforum: Cellmember
Bmxmuseum: Cellmember
Ref\'s: http://www.bmx-forum.com/u/64216/cellmember

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 05:05:10 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special