Multimedia

Author Topic: Who races BMX?  (Read 18477 times)

Offline rickylarryyy

• View Profile
Who races BMX?
« on: December 29, 2014, 10:38:29 PM »
I am getting back to it, rode some Dirt Jumps and trails this summer along with skateparks. However after a 4 year hiatus from racing I have really put my head down and want to get back to the squat rack and long days hitting first straights. I know a lot of you come from BMX and are now doing other cycling disciplines, but what about racing?

Offline bluebmx

• Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who races BMX?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 10:48:58 PM »
i raced for 7 years, and i hope to get back on the track soon. Not in a serious way, just float a fews jumps and whatnot. So many parks are shut down in my area and the street is less as people skatestop more stuff, so it will be something to make up for that stuff.

Offline milhous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 12:10:08 AM »
Got back into it last year after a 14 year break. I had forgotten just how fun it was.

Going to get a little more serious for 2015. My sprints and cardio need some work lol.

Offline asianpersuasion

• Local BMX Racing Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 03:51:25 PM »
Took last year off to focus on school and ride some more MTB. Strapping down for the upcoming season though. Little wheels is the home for me.

First national I'll be at is Punta Gorda. I'm skipping Louisville because the last 2 times they've had the indoor race up there, it has sucked.

PS: If anyone is in Austin, TX the 7th-11th, I'm going to try and get some laps in at the new track they've got there and try to ride some 9th street if anyone wants to meet up!

Offline bluebmx

• Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 05:13:53 PM »
Took last year off to focus on school and ride some more MTB. Strapping down for the upcoming season though. Little wheels is the home for me.

First national I'll be at is Punta Gorda. I'm skipping Louisville because the last 2 times they've had the indoor race up there, it has sucked.

PS: If anyone is in Austin, TX the 7th-11th, I'm going to try and get some laps in at the new track they've got there and try to ride some 9th street if anyone wants to meet up!
I hope the 2nd straight is still set up like it used to be. You could push someone into the pro section that didn't want to hit it every moto back int he day! Wish I could be there.

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 06:02:45 PM »

I'll be in Austin on the 10th for the same thing daily premier and flat session at the og
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 08:02:36 PM »
Got back into it last year after a 14 year break. I had forgotten just how fun it was.

Going to get a little more serious for 2015. My sprints and cardio need some work lol.

I'm trying to get to a few races in the area this spring/summer.  What class do you ride?  Would we race each other?  I'll be 33 by then. 
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Offline rickylarryyy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 08:06:34 PM »
Man it's -6 in Denver today with snow on the ground and I have had/ recovering from the flu since Christmas. So fitness and strength is down quite a bit. Can't wait for some good weather to roll through. There is no indoor here in CO either so that really bites.

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 08:43:56 PM »
I thought some new indoor park just opened up in that neck of the woods?

Offline rickylarryyy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 10:03:21 PM »
Oh yes Evolve indoor park is open, but no place to get gates right now or a little racing.

Offline milhous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 10:12:31 PM »

I'm trying to get to a few races in the area this spring/summer.  What class do you ride?  Would we race each other?  I'll be 33 by then. 

28-35 Novice (lol). There usually wasn't a large group at the Des Moines track so there was usually some younger peeps mixed in. The other dudes from town race cruiser class, but I prefer the 20s.
I only purchased a temp membership last fall, but will be picking up a full USA BMX membership for 2015.

I want to check out the Cedar Rapids track, I have heard good things and hopefully it is bigger than the Des Moines track.

Offline rickylarryyy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 10:14:26 PM »
Milhous with all those trail rigs you got built I know you have to be a good rider. Novice! You should hit that inter class! I'll be in the 28-35 inter class next summer! Let's race at a national!

Offline Allah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 01:40:30 PM »
Way too much effort...
"Who knows what Ruben actually does?" Garrett Byrnes

45th Generation Roman.

Offline Patty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 08:10:44 PM »
Milhous with all those trail rigs you got built I know you have to be a good rider. Novice! You should hit that inter class! I'll be in the 28-35 inter class next summer! Let's race at a national!
it don't always work like that on bikeguide
Quote from: Austin Tasseltine;3615349
yeah its got to be, but the fact that you never can be sure with an opinionated christian on the internet is worrying

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 12:57:37 AM »

28-35 Novice (lol). There usually wasn't a large group at the Des Moines track so there was usually some younger peeps mixed in. The other dudes from town race cruiser class, but I prefer the 20s.
I only purchased a temp membership last fall, but will be picking up a full USA BMX membership for 2015.

I want to check out the Cedar Rapids track, I have heard good things and hopefully it is bigger than the Des Moines track.

This would for sure be my class.  I raced one time when I was 16 or so.  Wasn't that good of a first experience so I never really pursued.  Moline is only about an hour drive from me, so I plan on hitting that track up a bunch. 

I also want to race my Model C, even though I know it isn't some fancy cruiser.  I just think it would be fun. 

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 12:57:37 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello