Multimedia

Author Topic: winter riding gear questions  (Read 12685 times)

Offline Sebastian

• Tullingsworth
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: winter riding gear questions
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 09:56:01 PM »

+rep. Great post.

Are you a courier?

Thanks, and yessir.

Offline locomotive

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 06:01:09 PM »
To add to what has been said already, I sometimes resort to wearing long johns when it get really cold. It keeps me warm, plus gives me extra padding. Lets face it, falling in the cold hurts more. Also make sure your jacket can cover your neck and even the lower part of your face, and make sure it has vents you can open with zippers. Getting a scarf is never a bad idea. If you get hot put that shit in your pocket. Ive had friends even resort to ski/snowboard goggles in the coldest of nights. Also a boot/sneaker hybrid is ideal, because who ever said vans in the winter are fine, hasn't really faced real winter.

Lights are also more important in the winter, huge snow banks and other snow factors make a rider even harder to notice. Plus people don't usually expect people to be biking in the winter which makes them even more oblivious to the fact you're there.

:'( :'( the winter sucks

Offline meathead

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 06:10:20 PM »
another little tip , grow a beard.

Offline locomotive

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 06:55:38 PM »
another little tip , grow a beard.

LOL good post. I can't handle that it tho, probably because i look like a fool with one and I cant stop touching it.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 07:16:30 PM »
hoodie, beanie, and if its really cold, 1 pound magic gloves. since i moved to australia however, it hasnt really come up
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

sans.terre

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2015, 09:33:13 AM »
canada hurrr

if you wear longjohns you can get away with much less on the upper body. IMO you get way more mobility like that.
dont think just cause your legs dont hurt when they're cold that it doesnt matter. that's dumb.
the cold spreads out to your body. keep them things sweltering and you wont need a coat (as much).

something i learned from working outside is (if you need a heavy jacket) you'll (probably) want something without a hood on the thing.
A heavy hood attached to your jacket will just get in the way and fuck with your vision hands down. its why cowboys dont use them.
something with a heavy, tall cordorouy collar works great to POP and keep the wind off your neck while still being dextrous.
wear a soft hoodie underneath it. (pending no extreme fucking cold) hoods are great - they just need to be lightweight and not a part of your outer most layer. (or they will fuck with you).

longjohns and extra socks are the fucking key to mobility mang. dont let those things fool you!

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2015, 06:45:52 AM »
id wear a pair of sweatpants/joggers under my jeans, 2 pairs of socks and 2 hoodies. just layer up with what youve got
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2015, 06:45:52 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special