Others > Non-riding Photo/Video/Multimedia Forum

Computer advice 3.2GHz vs 4GHz

(1/2) > >>

bluebmx:
The time is coming for a new computer soon. Right now B&H has a refurb iMac for a pretty good deal as far as I can tell. It has a 3.2GHz Intel Core i5 Quad-Core and the new ones can go up to 4.0. I don't know about computers like that. When it comes to processing HD (and 4k in the future) footage, how huge of a difference will it make? Worth a good bit more of money in the long run?

Brooklynrider:
are they both i5 or is the 4.0 an i7?

bluebmx:

--- Quote from: Brooklynrider on December 23, 2014, 08:45:33 PM ---are they both i5 or is the 4.0 an i7?

--- End quote ---

indeed the 4.0 is an i7. And i don't really know what that means either hahaha

Brooklynrider:
0.8Ghz is a noticeable difference and going from i5 to i7 is also quite noticeable so I'd say shell out for the 4.0. I haven't payed attention to computer technology in the past couple years so I can't give you any more information than that.

bluebmx:

--- Quote from: Brooklynrider on December 24, 2014, 10:15:20 PM ---0.8Ghz is a noticeable difference and going from i5 to i7 is also quite noticeable so I'd say shell out for the 4.0. I haven't payed attention to computer technology in the past couple years so I can't give you any more information than that.

--- End quote ---
thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version