Multimedia

Author Topic: New odyssey stampy video  (Read 37048 times)

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
Re: New odyssey stampy video
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 09:37:40 AM »
Eclat stream forks have to be one of them.

Offline Finn the Human

• Algebraic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2014, 02:41:50 PM »
Love it. What does everyone reckon the 248k cycle forks were? Does this wobble them past their point of rest and toward the down tube rather than just away from the down tube?

Wonder whether some bars are next.

G, how much input did you have in the stampy test and the ody forks design?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 02:44:41 PM by Finn the Human »

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2014, 03:00:48 PM »
Female axles they arent

Offline MEAT

• I AM THE LAW
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 03:47:39 PM »
Rad. Just to put it all into context, what sort of real world impact would cause that amount of deflection we're seeing?  Ie 70kg rider from 4ft, etc, etc....

Is the test applying a predetermined load, or is it deflecting the forks a set amount?

Offline mrjimyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 04:39:35 PM »
Those #1 forks say S/D here, still not sure what they are though... (2nd from right)

#2 kind of look like fly agua (small dia. tapered legs with flat bottom), but the triangular cutout looks too small.

I don't think any are eclat, they don't have the indents on the backs of the legs:

It looks like this test was the same as the original, cycles of 5000N (at 01:08)
Bike Check

With enough lube and brute force, anything is possible.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 05:14:18 PM »
Leave it to BG to figure out which forks were the ones who failed.

All of you have missed the most important thing about this video. The only fork worth buying is one with an odyssey sticker on it

Looking forward to G chiming in and dropping a knowledge bomb.
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 05:37:41 PM »
The white ones look like eclat

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2014, 06:16:29 PM »
Those shinx pics still make me laugh so hard
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 06:29:12 PM »
i wonder if theres some fiend/bsd forks? if i was wanting to show that my brands forks were superior, id wanna pick some by the sort of catalogue brands which kids are spaffing over (hence cult). also yeah youd need to have some pitchforks in there.

there should be a dropout impact test rig as well, to simulate impacts travelling from the dropout and up the fork leg a la grinding. the last few sets of 14mm dirt forks doing the rounds over here have all succumb to cracked drops
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2014, 07:53:51 PM »
Some context would be good. Like what's each of these cycles equivalent in real world riding.

Offline MSBNL

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 08:28:42 PM »
If I remember correctly G mentioned previously that they only tested one pair of forks per competing brand. If this is the case again then it is a bit weird, statistically, to round up all forks for which n=1 to within 0.1 K, and for the one brand for which n≥1 (I assume more than one Odyssey fork was tested) to round up to 650 K+. It's not wrong perse it's just a bit of a weird way to represent your data in my opinion. What is the number of replicates, average number of cycles and standard deviation for Odyssey forks?

Offline torontoflatlander

• Veteran
  • This guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 10:20:39 PM »
If I remember correctly G mentioned previously that they only tested one pair of forks per competing brand. If this is the case again then it is a bit weird, statistically, to round up all forks for which n=1 to within 0.1 K, and for the one brand for which n≥1 (I assume more than one Odyssey fork was tested) to round up to 650 K+. It's not wrong perse it's just a bit of a weird way to represent your data in my opinion. What is the number of replicates, average number of cycles and standard deviation for Odyssey forks?

It's only BMX.
Quote from: The Fresh Pinch;3592393
No one likes a salty member.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2014, 12:24:45 AM »
Some context would be good. Like what's each of these cycles equivalent in real world riding.

its the equivalent of riding head on into a brick wall 6500 times
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2014, 02:49:58 AM »
White ones look like Cults. #2 looks like maybe a Kink fork.
Hangovers and trains

Offline MSBNL

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2014, 08:14:43 AM »

It's only BMX.

I'm not the one who made the barplot, just playing devils advocate. For what it's worth I'd never venture elsewhere when it comes to forks, owned 7 Odyssey forks and the fork that came on my complete bike in 11 years of riding. I actually think the stampy test is really cool and testing your product beyond industry standard is the way to go. I just think the barplot is a bit misleading and if I remember correctly G actually mentioned pretty much the same thing previously but called it not being able to publish data of competitors forks due to only one fork per competing brand being tested. So now that they did a second stampy test I'm curious to find out more about the data on Odyssey forks: How many were tested? What was the average number of cycles until failure? Where the results reproducible? 

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2014, 08:14:43 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special