The Street > The Bike Shop

Ruben pedal nut

(1/2) > >>

magnumpink:
I have a right metal Ruben pedal that was wobbling. I opened it found the nut was stripped. I tried to swap in another but it was threaded the wrong way. Thinking I was clever, I squished it with a pair of pliers and put it back together. Does anyone know the size of right threaded nut I need to replace it? Cheers.

RighteousBMX:
I bet your local hardware store will let you handle all the nuts you want!

CMB:
Go to Home Depot or wherever with your pedal spindle so you can try and thread on the bolt before you buy it. The same thing happened to me and I bought a few extra ones just incase.

LeonLikesToRock:
Go to your local hardware store and explain that you busted a nut on your rubens. Explain that your Rubens are Taiwanese and that you ride them, but you were going so fast, rough and grinding so hard that you busted a nut.

G:
Local hardware stores aren't going to stock any left hand thread nuts, don't waste your time. Sorry.

I think you are probably looking at new pedals unless you can find someone local with the same pedal that is worn out from pedal grinds but still has good hardware you can swap in.

:)
G.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version