Multimedia

Author Topic: Do you like old or new bike companies?  (Read 23513 times)

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like old or new bike companies?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »
i wish kink would bring back the 5" black oxide lifetime warranty pegs.

Haha, I ground through one of those and sent it back.

Offline wartree

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 04:15:34 PM »
dont give a damn about it.
discussing bmx brands is gay as fuck. I am more like Carlo's whatever is in discount at dans.
Wink to you my good man

the best ride is going downhill with headwind, gives me time to appreciate the nature

Danno

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 05:54:11 PM »
I guess I'm into the more established older brands? My bike is Mutiny, Odyssey, S&M, Fly, Profile and a Proper.

Offline MilkyWilky

• www.marcsist.com
    • View Profile
    • Marcsist
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 01:47:24 AM »
I know it's not popular, and I'll most likely get hated for this, but I'm stupidly loyal to S&M.

Here on the West Coast of Canada people are coocoo for S&M, I thought it was a Vancouver Island thing but they seem to hook up some of the local riders in Vancouver too. Nothing against them, but I don't own any of their stuff.
I definitely preach the church of Odyssey/GS to all, but I guess their brand image isn't hard enough or something. For the modern era, I think Tree has built something good.

Offline Allah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 11:07:18 AM »
I think in most cases if you don't buy Odyssey you are a fool, but I like the outlook of Fly and T1 (prioritising travel and smoothness). I also have a lot of respect for The Make and Brad Simms, they seem to go to the most ridiculous places. 
"Who knows what Ruben actually does?" Garrett Byrnes

45th Generation Roman.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 11:19:37 AM »
Brad Simms is such an interesting dude. I love seeing when there is a new video out. It's like those mornings when there are donuts at work.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 07:00:49 PM »
ive heard brad simms is a bit of a douche, apparently when he was over here he was getting snaked by skaters at some park as was all like "dont these guys know who I am?" - apparently theres a reason he ends up riding for trash companies like alienation even though he can 540 on flat and hop higher than the sun. thats just what i heard though, his bulldog bikes section is wicked

I usually stick to parts from companies I've known for years. Mostly classic companies. My current bike is made of t1, s&m, solid, flybikes, odyssey, g sport, and then a couple of bits from newer companies like éclat and BSD.

BSD is as old as G-Sport I think. I definitely bought a sprocket off Grant back in about 95. Definitely older than Fly.

:)
G.

Interesting. I had no idea. I guess they weren't that well known in the states or at least not to me.

yeah they only made sprockets for years, then they did a few ti axles i think, then suddenly theyve got a full range straight out of the taiwan big book of bike parts.

still dont rate their newer stuff though, i get the feeling their selling product more on their team than the actual products themselves (but hey, thats how you make a profit in bmx) which doesnt make me wanna buy their stuff particularly. my 22 came with a bsd rear hub and its loud-if thats your thing
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline got bike?

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 09:14:47 PM »
I do respect old companies who survived, and ready to respect new companies making decent parts. I'm buying parts from any innovative brand that shows true interest in BMX, and not brands that copy someone else efforts to make money.

Offline reebzor

• Veteran
  • lolwut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 07:22:13 AM »
Seeing as how I consider FlyBikes one of the "new" brands, I guess I'd stick with the old stuff.

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2014, 12:40:34 AM »
I like Cult.
Hangovers and trains

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2014, 01:00:17 AM »
You like Cult?

Offline joelite44

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2014, 01:26:12 AM »
IMO cult ain't that bad, i actually giggle once i realize everything that stands before the name CULT. They are now well established and might even surrpass fitbikeco's legacy.

TO me the brands have to do a very good job choosing their riders and who they support. Seems to me that some brands do a poor job keeping their riders and making a family instead of just a bike brand.

Can't we all agree we would be stoked to see taj back riding for t-1?

can't even choose a favorite bike brand since they are all massively trendy now a days and i'm too old to keep up with the fads.

Lets just say if i had the opportunity to ride any bike i'd like i would ride a full WTP.

Offline MilkyWilky

• www.marcsist.com
    • View Profile
    • Marcsist
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 01:28:54 AM »
I will also add that that the new stays on the Stranger Ballast frame dropouts are a nice touch.. They seem to do their own thing to some extent, and I respect that. I wonder if their 8mm dropouts with built in tensioners are hollow a la Wave, anyone?

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 07:00:08 AM »
I remember from my riding days that if you didn't have anything from Odyssey, you were doing it wrong.
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline Sebastian

• Tullingsworth
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 08:42:32 AM »
The last BMX product I bought was a Tree sprocket like 2 years ago.  I don't even ride often enough to warrant putting my money where my mouth is regarding my brand preferences.  They're probably pretty much the same as every other dude in their late-20s on Bikeguide.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 08:42:32 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special