The Street > The Lounge

Do you like old or new bike companies?

(1/9) > >>

Liveinthewoods:
Seeing the Kink 20 years stuff and it got me thinking how I miss the old days of companies. Do you prefer the "new age" companies or do you like how things used to be? Kink and Odyssey have gotten much better over the years I think. But I miss the old Fit, Fly and Primo days, product quality and the teams.

Narcoleptic Insomniac:
I usually stick to parts from companies I've known for years. Mostly classic companies. My current bike is made of t1, s&m, solid, flybikes, odyssey, g sport, and then a couple of bits from newer companies like éclat and BSD.

@ss4oLe:
subtle "I'm getting old" thread. ;)

I don't give a fuck about companies, with the execption being I can't support the big companies that abandoned bmx in the late 80's. (haro, diamond back, mongoose, redline) I don't hate anyone that works for those companies, more power to 'em. I just can't/won't give them my money.

Early 90's bmx was one of the best times in bmx because it was only the hardcore. S&M, Wilkerson Airlines/2-hip, Homeless Bikes,Standard etc. But honestly, I'm still SUPER stoked on bmx today. Even though I don't ride as much or as hard as I did 20 years ago.

As long as my bike is dialed, my body is healthy and I'm chillin' with my bmx friends, its FUCKING AWESOME.

condrbkr:
http://vimeo.com/112254793 The Make is sick.

There are a lot of cool new things out there, it's just harder to find with all these shitty ones.

dude...:
i used to like kink more than i do now, even with their nostalgia parts, theyre still mostly a cookie cutter parts company based around a team of popular riders.

saw one of the old 44t solid kink sprockets last week on an old t1 barcode-it had been sitting in the guys shed for at least 6 years and he decided to head out for a roll. i was very stoked on his bike, was like it had been sent in a time machine from 2001

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version