Multimedia

Author Topic: The Scotch Thread  (Read 11388 times)

Offline RidingBMX

• View Profile
The Scotch Thread
« on: December 01, 2014, 07:29:53 PM »
What have all you fucks been sipping on lately?

I'm new to the Scotch game, but I'm enjoying my first bottle of Glenlivet 12 right now and love it.

Offline RidingBMX

• View Profile
Re: The Scotch Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 07:34:51 PM »
And yes, I'm currently drunk.  When is there a better time to post on bg?

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 10:42:08 PM »
Never had scotch. Feel like its an old mans thing to sip while sitting in front of a fireplace, toes in a bear skin rug and contemplating the finer things in life.
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 12:54:19 AM »
I tried drinking just straight whiskey for a change to have less calorie intake but ended up juat drinking the whole thing in a day.

I've gone back to 4lokos and beer.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Finn the Human

• Algebraic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 03:38:01 AM »
If you like Glenlivet then get some Glenmorangie. Its crazy nice.

Haven't bought anything nice in a while but the last one that stood out was Bowmore 12. Peaty but not as overwhelming as Talisker.

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 05:34:48 AM »

Obviously
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline badlight

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 02:47:47 PM »
Im cheap as fuck so I stick to the Glenfiddich 12. As much as I like drinking scotch, listening to people talk about the how the flavours differ makes me want to blow my brains out.

Straight liquor is where its at though.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 04:08:47 PM »
There was a scotch thread iirc.. anyways post that scotch taste chart

Offline Finn the Human

• Algebraic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 04:11:16 PM »
Im cheap as fuck so I stick to the Glenfiddich 12. As much as I like drinking scotch, listening to people talk about the how the flavours differ makes me want to blow my brains out.

Straight liquor is where its at though.

Holy shit, googling reviews to see what some scotch is like is terrible. I'm surprised that a horse can even reach those heights.

Offline MSBNL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 02:36:33 AM »
Been drinking scotch for 3 years now, interest was sparked when I was offered a Laphroaig (10y) during christmas. Went throught the whole smokey peaty fase (mind you, as a student I stuck to the 30 euro bottles (Talisker, Caol Ila, Bowmore etc; made an exception for Lagavulin). I was then given a bottle of the Glenlivet (12y) and really enjoyed that so I shifted to trying different speyside and highland scotch. In all fairness I think the subtleties are mostly lost on me, every whisky tastes different and i'm still very much developing my taste, but with that in mind:
-Lagavulin (16y) was amazing, definitely worth the money.
-Ardbeg (10y) is way too smokey, battled through one glass and wouldn't order again.
-Dalwhinnie (15y) is the smoothest whisky I drank to date.
-Chivas Regal (18y) has notes of chocolade, which is interesting (was given a miniature).
I'm currently on a bottle of Oban (14y) and have a the Glenkinchie (12y) on the shopping list.
I discovered this nice little store where they sell whisky from the barrel and they always have interesting stuff there, bought 100ml of Glenfiddich (21y) for 12 euros just to give it a try. They also sold a T-spooned whisky, forgot which one, but basically a single malt scotch, with a teaspoon of another single malt scotch added to the barrel. Apparently nowadays buying a bottle of whisky at the store and drinking it straight is for amateurs :)

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 07:51:33 AM »
I'm not a big fan of the smokey whiskeys, everyone raves about Talsiker but I think it tastes like an ashtray.

Glenkinchie is my current bottle but is running out. For a reasonably priced bottle I would go for Glenmorangie, very delicate and light, but will be on thge lookout for something new soon. Talk to me more about Lagavulin and Dalwhinnie?

I've had Chivas Regal before (make a brilliant whiskey old fashioned) and enjoyed it but not my favourite.
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline Arttu

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 02:23:48 PM »
I try to have a bottle of something around, usually they last me around 3 months. At the moment I have a bottle of 10 year Talisker, it's okay but not my favorite. Caol Ila is my favorite cheap(ish) scotch.

I know purists will see this as sacrilege, but I recently had a bottle of some american "craft" bourbon, and it was one of the best hard liquors I've ever had.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 06:59:54 PM »
Fuck blends, all about the single malts. And an obligatory "fuck you" to Cole, go and slam a premix vodka with your boiz and compare the intensity of your period cramps.

Glenlivet 12 or their Master Distiller's Reserve are real good, with the latter being my favourite.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2014, 08:10:43 PM »
Johnny Walker and J&B sell pretty good.

Offline ron_weasley_T1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 05:40:28 AM »
I currently have a bottle of glenfiddich 15 & Ardbeg 10 year.

The Ardbeg is to die for, really smokey and peaty. Perfect with cheese.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 05:40:28 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello