Multimedia

Author Topic: New Star Wars trailer.  (Read 55961 times)

Offline Donald

• rodeo peanut
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: New Star Wars trailer.
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2015, 07:42:29 AM »
Today's trailer is weird

Just curious, what do you mean?

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2015, 09:11:41 AM »
Why is there a non Boba clone? Why aren't there anymore Jedi? Luke isn't around but Han is?

Offline Donald

• rodeo peanut
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2015, 12:05:01 PM »
Why is there a non Boba clone? Why aren't there anymore Jedi? Luke isn't around but Han is?

Clones aged faster than a normal person. By the time of A New Hope almost all of the clones had died off and were replaced with Volunteers and draftees.

Jedi were mostly wiped out after Order 66 in Revenge of the Sith. Those that survied went into hiding.

Luke is in the trailer, he's the dude with R2. They're saving the real reveal for the movie.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2015, 11:08:06 PM »
Do you think the Caminoans stopped cloning after Revenge of the Sith? Because between order 66 and this is the equivalent of Luke's lifespan. If that's true, let's say that a clone's life is n/2 where n=average life of a Mandalorian, then we can assume that at the end of A New Hope the Caminoans would have had had produced another population. This seems logical because if the whole population of clones died from age, they would have to have the next series immediately ready. Having separate populations of clones ready at the half life of their previous series allows the stability of the clone army. Knowing this, either they all dropped dead after discovering Ewoks or a second populace was ready when Luke was still bragging to Ben about shooting womp rats. If that's true, then that motherfucker in the trailer is a damn mutant. Mandalorians ain't got no time to compromise their unit with dam mutants.

Offline Oddity

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2015, 01:46:05 AM »
I don't care about the origins of the First Order troops. I wanna know about the new death star(snow planet) that popped up on 30 years.

Offline Donald

• rodeo peanut
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2015, 08:20:54 AM »
Do you think the Caminoans stopped cloning after Revenge of the Sith? Because between order 66 and this is the equivalent of Luke's lifespan. If that's true, let's say that a clone's life is n/2 where n=average life of a Mandalorian, then we can assume that at the end of A New Hope the Caminoans would have had had produced another population. This seems logical because if the whole population of clones died from age, they would have to have the next series immediately ready. Having separate populations of clones ready at the half life of their previous series allows the stability of the clone army. Knowing this, either they all dropped dead after discovering Ewoks or a second populace was ready when Luke was still bragging to Ben about shooting womp rats. If that's true, then that motherfucker in the trailer is a damn mutant. Mandalorians ain't got no time to compromise their unit with dam mutants.

I think the in canon reason is that Kaminoans just ran out of Jango DNA by the time the Clone Wars ended. I think I read that by the time of ANH about 5% of the storm troopers were clones. So, that mother fucker: Not a mutant.

I think in one of the Battlefront games Kamino created another clone army, but because of the new authoritarian rule they altered something in the DNA so the clones had complete loyalty to Kamino instead of the Empire. In response, the Empire sent veteran Clone Troopers (now Stormtroopers) to stamp out these new untested Clones. Once that was taken care of, Palpatine experimented with other DNA sources, but they never lived up to the original clones, so eventually they were fazed out.

But I'm not sure if the old Battlefront games are canon.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2015, 11:01:13 AM »
DNA running out... Like they only had enough to base 1m clones?

Offline Donald

• rodeo peanut
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2015, 12:01:45 PM »
DNA running out... Like they only had enough to base 1m clones?

I guess, I'm second guessing that that is the canon reason. But I do know they stopped using clones.

This dude kind of touches on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MoT12K424s

Offline Allah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2015, 12:49:11 PM »
Just nice to see a trailer that isn't a summary of the entire film.
"Who knows what Ruben actually does?" Garrett Byrnes

45th Generation Roman.

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2015, 04:37:20 PM »
More interested to see if like is wearing the mask or not

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2015, 05:33:29 PM »
Nerdzz

Offline Oddity

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2015, 08:19:39 PM »
Just got my tickets with some left over movie gift cards. Cost me $3 for the Wife and I.

Offline Donald

• rodeo peanut
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2015, 09:15:45 PM »
More interested to see if like is wearing the mask or not
Nah, that's Adam Driver

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2015, 11:40:04 PM »
Did you guys see #BoycottStarWarsVII ? A race war inciting the genocide of the white man.

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2015, 04:26:32 AM »
Today's trailer is weird

Just curious, what do you mean?

Pardon the late reply, I've been trying to put my finger on exactly what gives me that vibe about the trailer. I am looking forward to it for sure, and in context of the whole movie I probably won't get the same vibe the trailer does.

I still find pink, internal glow-engined X Wings to look weird (they are very clearly red with external corona in my VHS's of the OT), and lots of stuff on screen feels foreign, but if the pacing is fine then those things really don't bother me, even if they feel alien, like the PT did. In a short trailer though, they might be contributing to my feels, although I think it's something other than that too

Sorry for vagueness, but I didn't want to leave you hanging

And yes every couple years when I feel like watching Star Wars again I watch it on VHS

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2015, 04:26:32 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello