Multimedia

Author Topic: Louisiana  (Read 49329 times)

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
Re: Louisiana
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2014, 09:17:43 PM »
If an unarmed man is coming at you, you shoot to kill? This is the kind of fucked up logic that keeps the US at the bottom of the food chain. You know people can be debilitated by being shot in the knee cap, right?
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2014, 09:21:41 PM »
It would be pretty hard to shoot at someone's knees especially if they are moving. Mid section is the easiest target but yeah I hear what your saying.
Vitalbmx: Cellmember
Bmxforum: Cellmember
Bmxmuseum: Cellmember
Ref\'s: http://www.bmx-forum.com/u/64216/cellmember

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2014, 09:24:34 PM »
If US cops aren't confident in being able to kneecap someone, they shouldn't be cops.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2014, 09:27:55 PM »
I can only imagine with all the adrenaline it could be pretty damn hard to think of what way to do things, they need more training in how to handle situations like that if anything.

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2014, 09:31:25 PM »
Heck I can see rubber rounds being useful for a situation like this, maybe carry 2 weapons one with rubber rounds and the other lethal depending on the situation. I don't know how well rubber would work so I'm just throwing it out there.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2014, 10:26:26 PM »
Did any of guys read his testimony and how he dealt with him?

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2014/11/here-are-transcripts-and-audio-darren-wilsons-grand-jury-hearing

Cellmember, yes, I was replying to you. The officers side of the story is hard to believe.

Offline alaskun

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2014, 10:27:43 PM »
23 Police Officers Fire 377 Bullets at Two Men With Zero Guns

the year before, similar situation but with less danger/justification, it was 140-something rounds after the officers had been ordered to give up pursuit

what about the case in new york where the cops shot 9 innocent bystanders and then charged the guy they were shooting at for the injuries?

or the school teacher parked in the school parking lot who drove away from a cop so he unloaded on her, killing her, and then made up a story about being trapped in her window?

or that homeless camper getting shot in the back in new mexico?

or all the kids who are threatening to commit suicide, only to have the cops (sometimes snipers) show up and do it for them instead of just leaving them alone/backing off/talking...

or all the raids on wrong addresses that end in unarmed dead people/animals?

remember the 2008 and 2012 election cycles, when one of the candidates would actually talk about the dangers of a militarized police state?

we picked the brown guy instead and now the only police stories that get major attention are the ones that stir up racial bullshit...

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2014, 10:35:49 PM »
Did any of guys read his testimony and how he dealt with him?

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2014/11/here-are-transcripts-and-audio-darren-wilsons-grand-jury-hearing

Cellmember, yes, I was replying to you. The officers side of the story is hard to believe.

Right, what's up with the "cunt" word at the end of your post ?

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2014, 10:46:43 PM »

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2014, 10:49:26 PM »
Media cunt is funny. It's applied to the broad base we get our info from, not you as an individual.

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2014, 10:53:26 PM »
Media cunt is funny. It's applied to the broad base we get our info from, not you as an individual.

Oh okay no problem, I just though it was a little weird as I've never seen it used in that context before mainly just to insult some one etc, all good.

To answer your question, I've haven't been hassled by cops very much not it the way you guys in US have it that's for sure, but like I said there's always 2 sides to a story and I do agree the media can spit any bullshit they wish and we'd know no better.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2014, 10:55:17 PM »
There was a chain of events leading up to the shooting. I'm not saying a petty thief deserves to be shot, but in this situation his actions got himself killed.

Body cameras would be a good thing.  I know some cities have them.

saw this on CNN.

They pretty much gave the officer's description of the last moments, and if true, the victim really provoked the actions taken by the cop.
They also talked about the body cam that sounds like a sort of good idea.

I think it's weird that cops here (holland) are trained to shoot for the legs first. Can't find statistics but if 2 people were killed by our police last year, that would probably be a high average. And they would have been warranted.

In contrast i continuously hear about people killed by officers in the states.

Loading off 12 bullets like in Brown's case is in no way necessary.
really curious as to how officers would justify that.

This case might not be the best case to defend, but the history of minority suppression in the US is huge.

Rodney King imho was the case that should have solved shit.
Guess the authorities get in the way of that, so it's great that everyone is on the streets now.

Guys like Mandela/MLK would be proud.

Shoot for the legs? LMFAO. When you have someone that you're trying to kill (pretty much the only reason you'd draw a lethal weapon is to kill someone) the amount of adrenaline pumping through you isn't going to let you focus in on someone's legs. You're aiming for the biggest part of their body, AKA Center of Mass, and you're going to keep unloading until they stop in their tracks.

Also, comparing any countries violent crimes (Developing nations aside) to the USA's, you're comparing apples and towels.

Realistically, in the escalation of force, killing someone is the very last option and should ideally only be used to protect yourself or others in the case of grievous harm or death.

Again, I don't know the details, and it wouldn't entirely surprise me that the officer did use excessive force. However, if he genuinely believed he had no other option, then that's fine that he went that route, but there should be a thorough investigation carried out by Internal Affairs and if it's found he stepped out of bounds, take him to trial, if not, then the proper authorities found that he carried out his duties properly.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 10:57:19 PM by Cole »
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2014, 10:56:01 PM »
Heck I can see rubber rounds being useful for a situation like this, maybe carry 2 weapons one with rubber rounds and the other lethal depending on the situation. I don't know how well rubber would work so I'm just throwing it out there.

Rubber is "less"-lethal, not non-lethal. Just like shot guns that fire a bean bag.
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2014, 11:36:19 PM »

Rubber is "less"-lethal, not non-lethal. Just like shot guns that fire a bean bag.

Fair enough.

Offline rrose

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2014, 03:19:21 AM »
The fact that you people still think it's ok to use lethal force on people is fucking insane. I'm all for shooting murderers, rapists, paedophiles and the like, but a petty thief? Pull your heads in, fuck the United States of White America.

In no way am I saying that the escalation of force was justified in this case, because I haven't done any reading into it. BUT, there are tons of times when lethal force is justified. If the cop felt he was in danger of injury/death, he's justified to use whatever force necessary to subdue the threat.

As mentioned, this is more fodder for using cop cameras, or at the very least a microphone that's always on. And having more officers trained in how to use tasers. Don't know what its like in the US, but in Canada, only supervisors and up carry them/ have training for them.

He didn't have a taser on him cause it was "uncomfortable" on his belt...

The protests going on in Ferguson (and abroad) is more then just about what happened with Mike Brown, but it's about the corrupt system of cops and the racism that is rampant in the judicial system throughout America. Also this theft... I'm pretty sure Darren Wilson didn't know about the theft at all.

ACAB

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2014, 03:19:21 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special