Multimedia

Author Topic: Louisiana  (Read 49315 times)

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
Re: Louisiana
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2014, 09:59:44 AM »
More fucking insanity about that theft.

"He's a big guy and pushed past the store clerk. That's the equivalent of a weapon, let's call it robbery."

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2014, 11:08:08 AM »
Are you saying he didn't rob the store? He robbed the clerk of some of cigarillos or whatever.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2014, 11:19:29 AM »
Yes, I am saying shoplifting and robbery are two different things.

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2014, 12:11:19 PM »
Rob - verb \ˈräb\
: to take money or property from (a person or a place) illegally and sometimes by using force, violence, or threats of force/violence.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2014, 12:23:33 PM »
He's going kookoo

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2014, 01:14:40 PM »
Did you hear about the 12 year old kid (black, of course) who was shot dead by cops because he had a pellet gun?

Just heard about that, sad, pellet gun had no markings to show it was a pellet gun usually they are brightly coloured at the tips.

Here's a link
http://www.smh.com.au/world/police-shoot-dead-12yearold-boy-waving-fake-gun-20141123-11sdx9.html

How stupid are people? Why would the kid not just put his hands up like the officer said rather than reaching for the gun? Yeah, it's sad someone's kid died but for fucks sake.

The kid was 12 for fucks sake. Even if he'd had a real gun police should be able to disarm a little boy without shooting him dead. That is just plain fucking incompetence.

Cops are supposed to protect people. Instead we keep seeing cases of police terrorizing communities all over America, disproportionately affecting minorities and the poor, and most of the time they get away with it.

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2014, 01:20:57 PM »
Did you hear about the 12 year old kid (black, of course) who was shot dead by cops because he had a pellet gun?

Just heard about that, sad, pellet gun had no markings to show it was a pellet gun usually they are brightly coloured at the tips.

Here's a link
http://www.smh.com.au/world/police-shoot-dead-12yearold-boy-waving-fake-gun-20141123-11sdx9.html

How stupid are people? Why would the kid not just put his hands up like the officer said rather than reaching for the gun? Yeah, it's sad someone's kid died but for fucks sake.

The kid was 12 for fucks sake. Even if he'd had a real gun police should be able to disarm a little boy without shooting him dead. That is just plain fucking incompetence.

Cops are supposed to protect people. Instead we keep seeing cases of police terrorizing communities all over America, disproportionately affecting minorities and the poor, and most of the time they get away with it.

I agree with you. The kid was still stupid, though.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: blueee;3557172
i went to a rave at a zoo one time. although i didnt give the dolphins heroin substitute

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2014, 02:21:11 PM »
So if one of us reached for an officers weapon through their window of their cruiser, what do you think would happen?

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2014, 03:14:31 PM »
Rob - verb \ˈräb\
: to take money or property from (a person or a place) illegally and sometimes by using force, violence, or threats of force/violence.

If you see the video, there isn't threats or violence. Dude rushes out. I don't consider that violent. Assholieness? Absolutely. Name someone on here that isn't one though.

Billy, you should have pretty good chances of disarming him apparently. Maybe 50:50 disarm or shot.

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2014, 03:40:56 PM »
Rob - verb \ˈräb\

If you see the video, there isn't threats or violence. Dude rushes out. I don't consider that violent. Assholieness? Absolutely. Name someone on here that isn't one though.

Watch the video, dude. The guy snatches the cigars from over the counter, the employee comes around the counter to try to stop him from leaving and then the suspect grabs the clerk by the collar and shoves him away. Before he leaves, he doubles back towards the clerk presumably saying something that of a threat as he puffs his chest out like a tough guy..
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2014, 04:17:55 PM »
funny how the obama/holder/jackson crew only get involved in the losing cases where there's no video...

Yeah its sad that the self proclaim black leaders don't really care about actually working towards changing things. It's easier just too throw out the same tired rhetoric than working super hard at being a community leader

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2014, 05:15:12 PM »
So if one of us reached for an officers weapon through their window of their cruiser, what do you think would happen?

You're going to have a bad time.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:59:41 PM by Cellmember »
Vitalbmx: Cellmember
Bmxforum: Cellmember
Bmxmuseum: Cellmember
Ref\'s: http://www.bmx-forum.com/u/64216/cellmember

Offline Thomas031

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2014, 06:52:54 PM »

Watch the video, dude. The guy snatches the cigars from over the counter, the employee comes around the counter to try to stop him from leaving and then the suspect grabs the clerk by the collar and shoves him away. Before he leaves, he doubles back towards the clerk presumably saying something that of a threat as he puffs his chest out like a tough guy..

Gotta say i'm a hundred percent with Alex here. Can't find any reason to defend the guy the way he looked like he was acting. Don't know what he was saying but i would've called the cops. And if he acted in any similar way to the cops, it wouldn't suprise me he got shot.

Shoot for the legs? LMFAO. When you have someone that you're trying to kill (pretty much the only reason you'd draw a lethal weapon is to kill someone)

So in your logic, if a cop pulls a lethal weapon, it should exclusively be used in a lethal manner?
That's crazy talk.
People pull weapons all the time. Not a 100% is to kill. I think there is a fair share just to intimidate.
That could have been enough, shooting in the air could also have provoked a second thought.

the amount of adrenaline pumping through you isn't going to let you focus in on someone's legs. You're aiming for the biggest part of their body, AKA Center of Mass, and you're going to keep unloading until they stop in their tracks.

Sounds like proper gun law indoctrination. Surely if someone pulls a gun on you, you shoot to kill.
If you are trained, and screened, you should be one of the guys that can stay cool and pick a aim. Or are cops in europe just superhuman?

But if the guy is unarmed, and you don't have any indication he's armed, i can't see how just injuring him wouldn't be enough.
And if you do, you don't let him lay there bleeding to death for a couple hours.

Also, comparing any countries violent crimes (Developing nations aside) to the USA's, you're comparing apples and towels.

I know, america is a lot bigger, probably by a factor 20 as far as population goes. Also the gun laws don't help because if people 'might' be armed, more people 'might' get shot with no reason.

BUT i'm in holland and even i got the message of multiple black americans being killed by police just before/after mr Brown, saw some videos on liveleak, and shit just doesn't seem right. If you ask me, -some/most- american cops look too eager to pull the trigger. And sadly it looks like whites are being shot less. Why? That's a good question. Let statistics speak on that one.

Realistically, in the escalation of force, killing someone is the very last option and should ideally only be used to protect yourself or others in the case of grievous harm or death.

Again, I don't know the details, and it wouldn't entirely surprise me that the officer did use excessive force. However, if he genuinely believed he had no other option, then that's fine that he went that route, but there should be a thorough investigation carried out by Internal Affairs and if it's found he stepped out of bounds, take him to trial, if not, then the proper authorities found that he carried out his duties properly.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:56:08 PM by Thomas031 »
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity" - Carlin

Offline Rick James

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »
Heck I can see rubber rounds being useful for a situation like this, maybe carry 2 weapons one with rubber rounds and the other lethal depending on the situation. I don't know how well rubber would work so I'm just throwing it out there.

That comes with its own set of complications. I seem to remember an incident in New York where an officer meant to use his taser on a suspect, but he unfortunately grabbed his handgun and shot the person instead.

Cops also aren't trained to "shoot to kill". They are trained to stop the threat. If it takes one shot then it takes one. If it takes two then it takes two, etc. Trying to shoot at anything other than Center of Mass while your body is dumping adrenaline would be damn near impossible.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello