Multimedia

Author Topic: Louisiana  (Read 49882 times)

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Louisiana
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 06:08:16 PM »
There was a chain of events leading up to the shooting. I'm not saying a petty thief deserves to be shot, but in this situation his actions got himself killed.

Body cameras would be a good thing.  I know some cities have them.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:14:17 PM by BilboBaggins »

Offline blueee

• Dumbest, Ugliest, Rattiest spot searching master on bikeguide
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141705194
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 06:55:46 PM »
last night i nose bonked a security car

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 06:57:47 PM »
Over look the fact that he was a 290+lb dude who just robbed a convenience store,which is a crime, that's cool.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

Exactly, some folks choose to listen to only one side of the story without knowing facts and blindly follow it, people forget that there are 2 sides to a story.
Vitalbmx: Cellmember
Bmxforum: Cellmember
Bmxmuseum: Cellmember
Ref\'s: http://www.bmx-forum.com/u/64216/cellmember

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 07:15:29 PM »
If you think shooting dead an unarmed person (I'm 99% sure he was definitely unarmed) is ok, your brain wiring is all kinds of wrong. Whether he was a thief, or gangbanger, or whatever, excessive force resulting in death is not something that should be justifiable just because its written down as a law.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that killing people is a bad thing, especially when cops have various other methods of subduing aggressors. It just seems that the mentality in North America is one of "Fuck it, I'll just shoot him and worry about it after the fact" and that is not good for anybody.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 07:54:39 PM »
Did you hear about the 12 year old kid (black, of course) who was shot dead by cops because he had a pellet gun?

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 08:13:11 PM »
Dude was a dead beat anyway but... You should never wind up in a situation where you're punching a cop in the face and trying to steal his weapon. You fucked up somewhere in life to wind up in that situation.

I agree that he shouldn't have been shot that many times, however I'm pretty certain police are trained to trained to double tap until the person is.... Fuck it, I'm not going to argue about this shit.

Live like a thug, die like a thug.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline BilboBaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 08:16:01 PM »
Did you hear about the cop who got shot execution style by his own weapon when a foot pursuit went wrong? That happened in my city.
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/nov/16/local/la-me-riverside-officer-20101116

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 08:17:34 PM »
Did you hear about the 12 year old kid (black, of course) who was shot dead by cops because he had a pellet gun?

Just heard about that, sad, pellet gun had no markings to show it was a pellet gun usually they are brightly coloured at the tips.

Here's a link
http://www.smh.com.au/world/police-shoot-dead-12yearold-boy-waving-fake-gun-20141123-11sdx9.html

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 08:18:41 PM »
Did you hear about the cop who got shot execution style by his own weapon when a foot pursuit went wrong? That happened in my city.

Damn..

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2014, 08:25:42 PM »
If you think shooting dead an unarmed person (I'm 99% sure he was definitely unarmed) is ok, your brain wiring is all kinds of wrong. Whether he was a thief, or gangbanger, or whatever, excessive force resulting in death is not something that should be justifiable just because its written down as a law.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that killing people is a bad thing, especially when cops have various other methods of subduing aggressors. It just seems that the mentality in North America is one of "Fuck it, I'll just shoot him and worry about it after the fact" and that is not good for anybody.

Wilson's affidavit goes something like this dude was a more skilled combatant and was about to disarm him. His only recourse was to kill him or he would be victim to his own weapon.

This officer isn't a small dude either.

Over look the fact that he was a 290+lb dude who just robbed a convenience store,which is a crime, that's cool.

Exactly, some folks choose to listen to only one side of the story without knowing facts and blindly follow it, people forget that there are 2 sides to a story.

I have a hard time believing this side of the story. How many asshole cops have you dealt with riding your bike? You can't imagine one acting the way he's been portrayed be the media cunt?

Sorry about the Louisiana thing Siri thought it was cool to autocorrect from St. Louis. Yah that's exactly what happened. Yah.   

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2014, 08:28:01 PM »

Just heard about that, sad, pellet gun had no markings to show it was a pellet gun usually they are brightly coloured at the tips.

Here's a link
http://www.smh.com.au/world/police-shoot-dead-12yearold-boy-waving-fake-gun-20141123-11sdx9.html

How stupid are people? Why would the kid not just put his hands up like the officer said rather than reaching for the gun? Yeah, it's sad someone's kid died but for fucks sake.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2014, 08:31:21 PM »

That's crazy. I guess accidents happen, but shit! Don't you expect an officer to not be disarmed by someone who doesn't have training?

Offline BilboBaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2014, 08:41:48 PM »
I hear what you're saying

You did see the video of him strong arming the store clerk right?

Fuck i'm just gonna go get some pizza while this thread bickers back n forth  ;D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:44:21 PM by BilboBaggins »

Offline Thomas031

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2014, 08:50:56 PM »
There was a chain of events leading up to the shooting. I'm not saying a petty thief deserves to be shot, but in this situation his actions got himself killed.

Body cameras would be a good thing.  I know some cities have them.

saw this on CNN.

They pretty much gave the officer's description of the last moments, and if true, the victim really provoked the actions taken by the cop.
They also talked about the body cam that sounds like a sort of good idea.

I think it's weird that cops here (holland) are trained to shoot for the legs first. Can't find statistics but if 2 people were killed by our police last year, that would probably be a high average. And they would have been warranted.

In contrast i continuously hear about people killed by officers in the states.

Loading off 12 bullets like in Brown's case is in no way necessary.
really curious as to how officers would justify that.

This case might not be the best case to defend, but the history of minority suppression in the US is huge.

Rodney King imho was the case that should have solved shit.
Guess the authorities get in the way of that, so it's great that everyone is on the streets now.

Guys like Mandela/MLK would be proud.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:58:57 PM by Thomas031 »
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity" - Carlin

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2014, 08:56:48 PM »

I have a hard time believing this side of the story. How many asshole cops have you dealt with riding your bike? You can't imagine one acting the way he's been portrayed be the media cunt?

Sorry about the Louisiana thing Siri thought it was cool to autocorrect from St. Louis. Yah that's exactly what happened. Yah.

Are you replying me ?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:15:51 PM by Cellmember »

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2014, 08:56:48 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special