Multimedia

Author Topic: Louisiana  (Read 49324 times)

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
Louisiana
« on: November 25, 2014, 02:02:12 AM »
I wonder if it's the BMX kid in me that's been hassled and fucked with by cops that makes me feel this way about the Michael Brown shooting. I see it as undeniable that there is police abuse of power. To say there is not caused the wonderment. I assume you're either a cop or have never been subject to an officer instigation. I make it black and white with my own bias. It is not, I know that much.

The other thing I wonder about, these (Wilson and Zimmerman) see themselves as what? They are not able to overcome unarmed teenagers?

I'd like to hear others input on this matter besides my white ex cop boss, npr, rush Limbaugh, etc.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Louisiana
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 07:05:21 AM »
What does louisiana have to do with it?

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 08:19:40 AM »
Ferguson is in Missouri. I think the whole thing is a joke. A bad joke.
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:29:36 AM »
I think prodigal may have knocked his head a bit too hard.
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 09:37:45 AM »
That is a given. Missouri, yes.

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 09:38:54 AM »
My view from across the pond is that Americas attitude towards authority, and separately towards black people, is massively fucked up

Black people are treated as inherently different, as if somehow it is genetic that they have such a different culture. Part of me wonders if this is just a denial of accepting any responsibility for the situation of some ghettos and that America is responsible for such a large percentage of the black community being so poor.

Secondly, positioning police and other 'authority' figures on some kind of pedestal, immune to being held responsible for their actions, and a culture which covers up their mistakes which are no doubt prejudice influenced.

What worries me more is how much the UK is moving towards a US mentality in many other ways, which I fear will end up in similar situations
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 11:23:40 AM »
#WhitePrivilege

Offline slvtn

• View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 01:49:25 PM »
Unbelievable action from my German point of view.
I thought about finding at least some few nice words for America, but there's not a single thing I could think of right now.
I couldn\'t tell if she was wet or the pasta was just beyond al-dente.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 02:26:57 PM »
#WhitePrivilege

It's interesting to me that there seems to be many that feel this is stripped away. They seem like the people opining for a reincarnation of Regan to give power back to the white man.

Ferguson is in Missouri. I think the whole thing is a joke. A bad joke.

Which part do you see as a joke?

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 02:37:35 PM »
Over look the fact that he was a 290+lb dude who just robbed a convenience store,which is a crime, that's cool.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

Offline Mattchu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 03:12:05 PM »
The actual death of Mike Brown is still up in the air to me (I have yet to read through any of the evidence or testimony that was released to the public last night), but there are some serious law enforcement issues as well as the racial and economical problems that have always been here, and those things are going to take a lot of time and hard work from everyone involved to begin to change for the better.

I think the whole thing is a joke. A bad joke.

None of what has been happening here is a joke.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3506108
Mid West for life.

Offline U-238

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 03:57:55 PM »
As someone from Louisiana, I am sad because I thought this thread would be about finding people to chill with.

But of course it is about Ferguson.

I absolutely agree that police think they are above the law and get away with a lot of shit. Who watches the watchman? The watchman does, of course, and he isn't going to throw his own in jail (unless they go against the grain and "whistleblow," then they just leave you to die, as Frank Serpico can tell you).

HOWEVER, police use of force in Ferguson may have, perhaps was even probably, justified. Micheal Brown turned out to be a bully and a thief, who resisted arrest and assaulted a policeman. Under Missouri law, lethal force was justified. 

Not that we will know, however, because the case never went to trial, which is kind of fucked up.

It really does suck that Micheal Brown is what made Ferguson blow up. The police in Ferguson have killed a lot of people. Mike Brown was the last straw, but Mike Brown may have been a case when lethal force was justified. We will never know, however, because it was not taken to trial. And that is what should be the main issue of the case.

The grand jury will send the defendant to trial if and only if there is probable cause. Because none of the testimony agreed, such as witness accounts, differences in autopsy results, the fact that Officer Wilson's story changed, etc., I find it hard to believe there was not probable cause to send this case to trial by jury to truly lay everything in the open.

However, that is why we have grand juries. They heard a lot more evidence than what we heard and they obviously felt that Wilson's actions were justified. Ok.

The part where this gets fucked up is that grand juries almost NEVER fail to indict (except against police of course). Couple this with the prosecutor, who had a clear conflict of interest (his father was a cop killed in the line of duty, his brother is a cop, several of his nephews are cops). He was the guy who came out last night, called the media cunts, told the lit pipe bomb that is Ferguson to calm down and jerked off a few cops. Yes, HE was the lawyer who was supposed to be AGAINST the cop.

So we have a cop who was justified to use lethal force, a prosecutor who is extremely empathetic to cops and a dead kid who was 6.5 ft tall, weighed 300 lbs and committed the crimes of theft, assault and resisting arrest. Not a good case to use to unite the people against the misuses of power of the police.

However, this case DOES seem to be pushing the use of police cams, which is AWESOME. Every city that has implemented body cams has fewer reports of mistreatment by police.
Moving N of the V

bike check

Offline alaskun

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 04:30:27 PM »
funny how the obama/holder/jackson crew only get involved in the losing cases where there's no video... 

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 05:55:28 PM »
The fact that you people still think it's ok to use lethal force on people is fucking insane. I'm all for shooting murderers, rapists, paedophiles and the like, but a petty thief? Pull your heads in, fuck the United States of White America.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 06:06:54 PM »
The fact that you people still think it's ok to use lethal force on people is fucking insane. I'm all for shooting murderers, rapists, paedophiles and the like, but a petty thief? Pull your heads in, fuck the United States of White America.

In no way am I saying that the escalation of force was justified in this case, because I haven't done any reading into it. BUT, there are tons of times when lethal force is justified. If the cop felt he was in danger of injury/death, he's justified to use whatever force necessary to subdue the threat.

As mentioned, this is more fodder for using cop cameras, or at the very least a microphone that's always on. And having more officers trained in how to use tasers. Don't know what its like in the US, but in Canada, only supervisors and up carry them/ have training for them.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 06:06:54 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello