The Street > The Lounge

Knee's

(1/3) > >>

blockhead:
Hello, It's been a while since I've posted but I'm still lurking.
3 months ago I ended up having microfracture surgery on the same knee that had ACL reconstruction 8 years back. I have seen various physio's whom prescribed different things and also an appointment with the surgeon again today. The surgeon and first physio were very keen to stress that this is an injury a 31 year old shouldn't expect and that I should consider giving up the BMX. The second physio had me jogging on a treadmill at 8 weeks post-op so I started riding lightly. I've been to Hull and cased the first box and it's felt ok.. Certainly better than before the op when I couldn't ride at all and it would swell enough to struggle walking.
The third physio explained I shouldn't be doing any activities that strain my knee so I've stopped jogging and resigned to riding as little as possible. I'm trying to read online about other' past experiences but can't find much in regard to biking.
Has anyone else ever had this type of surgery or have any opinions about whether it's time to quit? Cheers

@ss4oLe:
Quit when you want to quit.

The way I look at is, if a doctor says I'm too old or whatever, I'm talking to the wrong doctor.

I'm 44 and don't plan to stop any time soon. I also separated my shoulder over the summer. Grade 5, which I guess is pretty bad. Guess what, don't care. Not going to stop riding.

Sasha:
I've resigned to the fact that I'll probably never ride BMX again. Meeting with a doctor to discuss shoulder surgery this Friday. Fun times.

Brendan O.:
You're not that old though yet, are you Tom?

Sasha:
Not really. All of my joints are fucked though and it's not really worth it to me any more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version