Multimedia

Author Topic: Transition Bottlerocket?  (Read 16934 times)

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Transition Bottlerocket?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 11:48:46 AM »
Thomson makes a 27.2mm dropper now. Depending on your leg length you may have trouble finding a post long enough to get full leg extension on though. Transition made the TT low on the Bottle Rocket for slopestyle riding and not with climbing in mind.

An upside to your new bike is the DHX 5.0. Find someone with tuning skills or research the hell out of it, you'll need to dial in a decent amount of pro-pedal (low speed compression) to get that bike to pedal well. The boost chamber settings are nice too. I liked my DHX 5.0.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 10:07:50 AM »
Well, dude finally got back to me. He fucking sold it a day before I was paypal'ing him the money for 200 less than I was giving him. Oh well.
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline 1664

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 03:57:30 PM »
You didn't miss out on much , all entry level parts, fox vanilla is a heavy coiled lemon. Also for single pivot lower travel frames I would recommend  the concentric bottom bracket pivot point found on the bm killswitch the kona bass the commencial  absolute and the dart moor shine

I would  sell you this for 1200 shipped http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1339373/

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2014, 10:48:52 AM »
Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. I have car parts to buy now instead
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline Bink

• Douglas Terrance Fischer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 01:33:25 PM »
You didn't miss out on much , all entry level parts, fox vanilla is a heavy coiled lemon. Also for single pivot lower travel frames I would recommend  the concentric bottom bracket pivot point found on the bm killswitch the kona bass the commencial  absolute and the dart moor shine

I would  sell you this for 1200 shipped http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1339373/

BB pivot makes no sense for a bike he would have wanted to pedal. The only advantage it offers is the ability to run your bike single speed without a tensioner, so I'm not sure why you would suggest it. Oh wait...

Offline 1664

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2014, 02:24:46 PM »
The advantage of a conc bb pivot is more than just the ability to run single speed, as you go through the travel your chain stay length remains constant, there's a reason the high end slope style bikes have it as well as the new s works demo. 

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 03:07:09 PM »
Like Bink said, the only reason to run a concentric BB pivot is the ability to run a SS drive train. Other than that it's just a funky bearing arrangement and not worth the tradeoffs.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 03:07:09 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special