Multimedia

Author Topic: Anybody ride DH here?  (Read 17718 times)

Offline Wrecked

• View Profile
Re: Anybody ride DH here?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 11:57:29 PM »
I used to race DH but I hung it up last year and haven't felt much like touching it since. I ride everything on my 6" Mach 6 that I do on my DH rig and since I no longer race I don't need the full 8" travel beast.

Last year I was taking my practice runs for the US Grand Prix at Ski Bowl while trying to get through a big ass NASCAR style berm braking later and later. I hooked my rear wheel over the top of the edge leading into the berm and got tossed on my dome. A broken helmet and concussion later, I decided that I stopped having fun racing when I started racing Cat 1 a few years back and I just want to have fun. Luckily the guys filming the event for the Sylvestri caught my crash on video. Have a laugh. I'm the first rider in the video and thats my dust cloud of a slide out.
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/323903/

My beast of burden. I had Scott of Katipo build it for me with my geometry. I got the paint code and brand from Commencal and had it painted. Its a rad bike. Steel it real. Despite not having the desire to ride it, I'll never sell it.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:02:24 AM by Wrecked »
Bist do rien defallen? Ich gleich zu radfahren!

Offline Bink

• Douglas Terrance Fischer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2014, 04:34:33 PM »
Wrecked, are you still trying to sell your Diamondback Slope/4x frame?

Offline Wrecked

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 07:52:25 PM »
I sold it on Ebay. It was rad but I didn't ride it enough. Actually if you break it down, I pretty much only ride my trail bike and my commuter bike.
Bist do rien defallen? Ich gleich zu radfahren!

Offline rickylarryyy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 03:03:22 PM »
I would kill to have a steel DH rig would be awesome to get that feel of my standard in a full on DH kit. How much does it weigh?

Offline Allah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 10:40:45 AM »
I've had a nibble and it's incredible how much they soak up, you can drop onto anything and it feels like you're sitting on a sofa. That said I don't think DH can beat the flow of a proper trails rhythm section.
"Who knows what Ruben actually does?" Garrett Byrnes

45th Generation Roman.

Offline rickylarryyy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 11:57:55 PM »
Yeah definitely Allah. But they are too different animals, you can smash rocks and roots like it's a few pebbles on the ground and flowing trails is a great feeling, but I do love both.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 11:57:55 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello