The Street > The Bike Shop

Anybody ride DH here?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Dr. Steve Brule:
Used to do quite a bit but moving to the city and not having a car put a stop to that sadly.

rickylarryyy:
I definitely feel like riding DH and riding the edge forces you to learn a good amount of bike control and if you are coming from a BMX background it just feels natural! Winter park is only a 1.5 hours from my house so I will be going as much as possible.

rickylarryyy:
hugh I feel the same way, I love riding my 20 but getting on a full on DH rig is awesome because of the abilities it has. so many more options of terrain and nasty stuff. Also, my wrists and knees love it.

G:
Not tried a proper DH bike on a DH course, but I ride my full sus MTB down hills (and up) and it is definitely fun... plus you NEVER get snaked by a scooter...

:)
G.

cmc4130:

--- Quote from: rickylarryyy on November 04, 2014, 07:21:23 AM ---I definitely feel like riding DH and riding the edge forces you to learn a good amount of bike control and if you are coming from a BMX background it just feels natural! Winter park is only a 1.5 hours from my house so I will be going as much as possible.

--- End quote ---

I feel like for flow DH, a 4" and 4" slopestyle or 4x bike, or a 6"/6", work well.  Some of the 8"/8" bikes feel like overkill on the smoother jump trails (except that some of the trail gets super brake-rutted).  But definitely appreciated for the rough trails.

I want to check out this trail in Washington State:
Lars Shreds the Double On Unemployment Line
vimeo.com/50998782

I rode my Transition Double at Angel Fire earlier this year.  Second weekend of the season and we got some snow at the top. 

The 4x track was closed, but I really wanted to hit it.

was a pretty solid drive....

8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version