The Street > The Bike Shop

Anybody ride DH here?

(1/5) > >>

rickylarryyy:
Rode DH at winter park a month or so ago. Raddest thing I have ever done. Definitely getting a season pass next year. Hoping to get some races under my belt next summer for sure.

Two wheels, going fast, and dirt. Close enough to BMX right?!

hugh.:
Downhill is awesome. What do you ride?

I neglected my bmx for about 4 months while I rode DH 3-4 times a week. Once I got back on the bmx my bike control had improved hugely.

cmc4130:
Yeah, I've gone the last 5 years in a row, and brought quite a few bmx and xc-mtb friends into it....  I think a lot of BMX'ers still aren't aware of the radness going on in the mountains.  This shit IS "bicycle motocross" !!   A ton of the guys, at least in the Colorado scene, are crossover BMX/MTB riders.  Anyone with BMX trails or BMX race skills will roast DH.   But, I advise.... wear the gear... I got my first ever knockout (with a Protec on) and separated collarbone this past July.

Cheyenne Brad, checking out "Hot Wheels" at Winter Park before it officially opened:

Scunny:
Rode DH for 6 years till I went to Uni and got a BMX. Raced a few NPS but stopped all that when I lived in sheff and didn't have a car. Would love to start again but with trying to fit in Road, XC, Motorbike, Dogs, Girlfriend and work i've got no chance.

MEAT:
I've got a shitty old giant i wheel out every few months, just booking flights for an annual group outing to spain next month. Burly over there, the rocks don't fuck about, big, pointy and numerous.

A mates edit of our wobbly gopro footage... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG9wukvwVuQ&list=UUi1Gz0Fj7YKlk9u0JHPibuA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version