The Street > The Bike Shop

Experiance Rawing Sunday/Odyssey Parts?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Stoked:
aircraft stripper and a wire brush took the outside color and black magic off.  Took some elbow grease and patience

G:
Its epoxy based. Why are you taking it off, the only reason would be to raw or plate. If you are re-painting then leave it on there as there is no better primer.

:)
G.

Bunky:
I want to raw it. I might polish it after I raw it depending on how dark it is. 

If it won't come off with stripper, and I have to use sandpaper,  then I'll probably polish it up a bit.

dude...:
try wire wool? that worked on whatever the rust proofing layer on my gen 1 sunday was, though its probs different to the black magic coating.

montymitch:
I stripped my Barney purple Forecaster, and it was a bitch. I used paint stripper for most of it, but there were a few places that for one reason or another that the purple wouldn't come off clean and it would leave raised paint surfaces that totally show through once the new paint was applied. I started the process hoping to leave the black magic, but the frame was far from evenly black magicked (basically the whole rear triangle was raw under the paint) so I ended up going at it all with a scotch wheel in my drill and then painting it black.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version