Multimedia

Author Topic: New T1 drool  (Read 55485 times)

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
Re: New T1 drool
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2014, 08:24:16 AM »
It does on Empire's site. 

I still want to see sales numbers from all the main companies..

And people in Hell want ice water. 
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2014, 09:08:25 AM »
From the way I see it, it goes like this- "So it looks like we sold ummm say about 6 pairs of bars and 3 ________ signature frames and a wallet this month."  Like some random shit brand..

Offline MilkyWilky

• www.marcsist.com
    • View Profile
    • Marcsist
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2014, 01:04:39 PM »
brakeless riders can say "i don't want to buy stuff i don't need, or have to ask for it to be removed".  we can't satisfy both parties, so we chose (to us) the simplest solution

Fly no longer provides the brake mounts/guides/tabs with their frames either

I hadn't looked at it that way, I guess you must find some compromise.

I wonder what might happen if you were offering the brake mounts free-of-charge, but as an opt-in - would brakeless riders still take it because it's offered, or pass it up because fukk brakez?
It would be interesting anyways to see the numbers of demand, even if only to inform manufacturing decisions.

Offline Hank Chinaski

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2014, 02:17:49 PM »
So if no one is running them, why aren't they free? You make it sound like there should be an abundance. If they're only needing mounts for 25% of the frames vs 100% previously it seems shitty to charge a jacked up price so you can have a fucking brake on your bike.
Quote from:
His hair is alive with the crimson ghost of our father\'s lost adventures!

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2014, 02:35:41 PM »
Yup, that seems fucked up.

Offline redface

• View Profile
    • http://www.empirebmx.com
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2014, 04:29:22 PM »
in a normal case where the frame cost hasn't increased for some other reason, the retail price of the frame goes down when the brake stuff is no longer included.  example:  the retail price of Fit and S&M frames dropped $15.00 when they started no longer including the brake stuff

T-1 and Federal, from what i recall, raised their wholesale prices.  so, subtract the brake stuff but increase frame costs means the frame retails for the same price without brake stuff as it did in the past when it included brake stuff.  i'm not sure why that is confusing

brake shit isn't free because it doesn't cost the brands $0.00 to have it produced.  if anything, if brands are ordering fewer brake mount kits, they might actually be paying more (per kit) for them now than in the past
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 04:34:56 PM by redface »

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2014, 08:11:06 PM »
in a normal case where the frame cost hasn't increased for some other reason, the retail price of the frame goes down when the brake stuff is no longer included.  example:  the retail price of Fit and S&M frames dropped $15.00 when they started no longer including the brake stuff

T-1 and Federal, from what i recall, raised their wholesale prices.  so, subtract the brake stuff but increase frame costs means the frame retails for the same price without brake stuff as it did in the past when it included brake stuff.  i'm not sure why that is confusing

brake shit isn't free because it doesn't cost the brands $0.00 to have it produced.  if anything, if brands are ordering fewer brake mount kits, they might actually be paying more (per kit) for them now than in the past

I hear what your saying, Flybikes have kept their prices the same with them not including brake accessories yet T1 opted for this route by not including them yet their prices have risen, the Ruben and Hickerson are made in the same factory as Fly ? I doesn't make sense it just shows me they wanted to increase their price and offer less if you will.

Edit: With the brake mount kits if I were them I'd ordered the same amount to keep the cost the same and just sell them separately, that way their not losing anything.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 08:14:03 PM by Cellmember »
Vitalbmx: Cellmember
Bmxforum: Cellmember
Bmxmuseum: Cellmember
Ref\'s: http://www.bmx-forum.com/u/64216/cellmember

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2014, 09:04:41 PM »
Are the removable brake mounts on the new t1 frames the same type used when fly first started doing removable around 2008 or so?

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2014, 09:22:28 PM »
Are the removable brake mounts on the new t1 frames the same type used when fly first started doing removable around 2008 or so?

Yeah, Fly's Dylan mounts.
Vitalbmx: Cellmember
Bmxforum: Cellmember
Bmxmuseum: Cellmember
Ref\'s: http://www.bmx-forum.com/u/64216/cellmember

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2014, 08:43:11 AM »

I hear what your saying, Flybikes have kept their prices the same with them not including brake accessories yet T1 opted for this route by not including them yet their prices have risen, the Ruben and Hickerson are made in the same factory as Fly ? I doesn't make sense it just shows me they wanted to increase their price and offer less if you will.

Edit: With the brake mount kits if I were them I'd ordered the same amount to keep the cost the same and just sell them separately, that way their not losing anything.

You should probably send your application to T1.  Sounds like you got this bicycle company thing figured out. 

Offline redface

• View Profile
    • http://www.empirebmx.com
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2014, 11:12:47 AM »
T1 sells the frames direct to shops with brake mounts included.  we decided to remove the mounts and sell them separately due to customer requests (customers who didn't want the mounts, ever, for any reason).  we had the frames priced at $359.95 with mounts due to increased cost to us for the frames.  this happens due to smaller qty of frames ordered from the factory, inflation, etc.  when we removed the mounts, we lowered the retail cost to $349.95.  now, since another shop is selling the frames for $349.95 with mounts, we lowered the retail cost to $339.95.  T1's USA vendor sells the frame and mounts separately, so it's not just us making this decision

regarding Fly vs T1 frame prices, Fly makes a lot more frames than T1, and probably can demand better pricing, even from the same factory

i've also added the brake mounts as an option when ordering the frame, so you only have to click a button.  no fuss, no muss :)

regarding ordering the same amount of mounts, past vs present:  1. most companies are making fewer total frames than in the past  2. why order more of something than you realistically think you can sell?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:15:13 AM by redface »

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2014, 01:22:37 PM »

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2014, 01:36:49 PM »
i've also added the brake mounts as an option when ordering the frame, so you only have to click a button.  no fuss, no muss :)

This is what I wanted to hear.  I just checked it out on your store too, and like how it's done.
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Offline Stoked

• dood.sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2014, 01:45:49 PM »
empire holding down standard operating procedure
Quote from: i am hollywood;3458649
The Ezra 'Q' freecoaster should be out in time to put on your 2012 christmas list

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2014, 02:59:09 PM »
T1 doesn't make as much money as fairdale.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2014, 02:59:09 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello