Multimedia

Author Topic: New T1 drool  (Read 55481 times)

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: New T1 drool
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2014, 08:56:10 AM »
The shipping alone to get those cranks around to all those shops must either be a pain in the ass or cost a lot.
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2014, 10:48:56 AM »
Call me blasphemous, but I feel like Terrible 1 stopped being Terrible 1 when Taj left.

I get why they had the push to the foreign made frames, bars, and sprockets, though.  It's just too damn hard to get a reliable production company in the US. 

Anybody that has the ability to make quality bmx parts in the US ends up making something else that has much better margins.

I would rather call you snuggly.  I can see where some of this opinion could be validated if you are over the age of 30.  I will agree that my favorite T1 related shit is from back in the day when it was both Joe and Taj working on stuff together.  But to me it comes down to the fact that Terrible One will always be Terrible One.  With as man green boxes as those mother fuckers acquired over the years, you gotta get a shit ton of red ones to even begin to start tarnishing their reputation. 

Maybe I just brainwashed myself with all of their zines. 
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Offline Bunky

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »
Uh, yeh, I get where you're coming from.

I'm with you that T1 is still awesome, it's just not the exact same as what I remember.  I mean Joe Rich will always be a superhero in my mind. 

I just kinda wish that it was a perfect world and that T1 could make all their frames, bars, sprockets, stems, etc somewhere local and could actually put things out when they want to in the quantities they want. 

I'm still bummed I didn't get a 21.5 barcode when I had the chance... 

I still love both sets of T1 bars I've got on my bikes too. 

Offline redface

• View Profile
    • http://www.empirebmx.com
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2014, 02:35:18 PM »
Wait, they are selling the brake accessories separately now, why ?

They say to keep the cost down but the prices are the same as all the other past frames with the accessories, more moola...

The trans green and blue look trick though.

many riders don't use brakes, so we remove the brake mounts and sell them separately to those who want them

the dealer cost of the frames increased.  if we still included the mounts with the frames, the cost of the frame to the consumer would have increased

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2014, 03:25:50 PM »
Call me blasphemous, but I feel like Terrible 1 stopped being Terrible 1 when Taj left.

I get why they had the push to the foreign made frames, bars, and sprockets, though.  It's just too damn hard to get a reliable production company in the US. 

Anybody that has the ability to make quality bmx parts in the US ends up making something else that has much better margins.

I would rather call you snuggly.  I can see where some of this opinion could be validated if you are over the age of 30.  I will agree that my favorite T1 related shit is from back in the day when it was both Joe and Taj working on stuff together.  But to me it comes down to the fact that Terrible One will always be Terrible One.  With as man green boxes as those mother fuckers acquired over the years, you gotta get a shit ton of red ones to even begin to start tarnishing their reputation. 

Maybe I just brainwashed myself with all of their zines.

in otherwords: Guns'N'Roses is still Guns'N'Roses.

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2014, 04:14:25 PM »
Exactly.

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2014, 04:14:58 PM »
Wait, they are selling the brake accessories separately now, why ?

They say to keep the cost down but the prices are the same as all the other past frames with the accessories, more moola...

The trans green and blue look trick though.

many riders don't use brakes, so we remove the brake mounts and sell them separately to those who want them

the dealer cost of the frames increased.  if we still included the mounts with the frames, the cost of the frame to the consumer would have increased

Yea, but how much?

Offline MilkyWilky

• www.marcsist.com
    • View Profile
    • Marcsist
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2014, 04:52:31 PM »

Yea, but how much?

If I was buying a frame priced on the higher end of things, regardless of if I rode brakes or not, I would expect it to be full-featured - like my Fly Tierra.
This is like an in-app purchase.

But then again, I imagine it's hard out hee' for a company that doesn't fux wit completes.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 04:54:40 PM by MilkyWilky »

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2014, 05:43:53 PM »
I still want to see sales numbers from all the main companies..

Offline redface

• View Profile
    • http://www.empirebmx.com
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2014, 06:28:49 PM »

Yea, but how much?

If I was buying a frame priced on the higher end of things, regardless of if I rode brakes or not, I would expect it to be full-featured - like my Fly Tierra.
This is like an in-app purchase.

But then again, I imagine it's hard out hee' for a company that doesn't fux wit completes.

brakeless riders can say "i don't want to buy stuff i don't need, or have to ask for it to be removed".  we can't satisfy both parties, so we chose (to us) the simplest solution

Fly no longer provides the brake mounts/guides/tabs with their frames either

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2014, 09:07:52 PM »
solid promotion of safety guise

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2014, 12:24:08 AM »
Almost no one runs brakes so it makes total sense to not include them. I think Federal don't include brake mounts either.
Hangovers and trains

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2014, 12:36:38 AM »
Almost no one runs brakes so it makes total sense to not include them. I think Federal don't include brake mounts either.

As long as the price doesn't stay the same.
Vitalbmx: Cellmember
Bmxforum: Cellmember
Bmxmuseum: Cellmember
Ref\'s: http://www.bmx-forum.com/u/64216/cellmember

Danno

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2014, 01:20:20 AM »
Most companies don't include them now. The only frame we've had in recently to include them was a Haro Lineage. It makes sense not to considering barely anyone runs brakes, but it's a pain in the arse trying to tell someone who is spending £3/400 on a frame that they need to spend more. I usually chuck them in FOC unless I'm doing a special deal on it.

Offline Bunky

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2014, 08:09:19 AM »
I would be so pissed off if I ordered a frame and it didn't come with brake mounts.

Is there at least a disclaimer in the item description that says "does not come with brake mounts"?

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2014, 08:09:19 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello