Multimedia

Author Topic: BG's Current Injuries  (Read 35602 times)

Offline Merry

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • @SoxMerry
    • View Profile
    • Ryder Distribution
Re: BG's Current Injuries
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2014, 11:12:10 AM »
Nagging issues with my right shoulder for probably the past 3-4 years.  Couldn't ride my bike at all last year, and had no throwing power whatsoever, which as an outfielder, it relatively important.  Finally opted for surgery in September of 2013.  When baseball season started, it was feeling pretty good.  I gunned a ball from dead center field and almost fainted it hurt so bad.  Needless to say, the surgery apparently didn't work.

I can at least ride my bike again, which is nice.  It definitely sucks knowing that my arm might never be able to hold up to throwing hard again though.  I played the entire season regardless.
Follow me on Twitter, ya bums: @SoxMerry

Offline Tall Opinion

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2014, 12:40:04 PM »
Hit my tailbone skateboarding yesterday. Didn't really realize how much it hurts until I tried to go out and skate just now. That being said, I've been enjoying skating way too much lately.
Formerly FitTrailSlayer

Quote from: M@tty;3563588
would rather watch the olympics if i want to see a black guy jump things, least they don\'t have the mentality of a beaten 13 year old.

Offline joelite44

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »
sprained ankle after trying a icepick down a rail, i'm starting to consider i might be too old now, however riding is still fun as long as its something new and exciting.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2014, 05:00:15 PM »
My legs are full of scabs. My heal and ankle is purple. Part of my calf has this skin that was rubbed to hard on my jeans and died. Sorta like glue dried. There's a bruise there too.

On the lighter side, I held an over ice down a rail. I got hangover nose manual wall rides on this 2' ledge.

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2014, 03:17:32 PM »
Highsided my mountain bike today and landed on slippery wet rocks. I hurt all over

Offline super_chief

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2014, 02:30:40 AM »
still riding around on my torn ACL and whatever else in my left knee (second tear).

took a slam in a pool couple weeks back. lil black out, swollen hands and stitches to the chin

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2014, 02:43:26 AM »
Fuck, I can't imagine blacking out at this point in time. Death seems like its hand in hand with that blackouts and greater.

Offline Sasha

• Pro_Tom
  • Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2014, 03:28:13 AM »
I've been discharged from physiotherapy sessions because she's pleased with my progress and confident I'll carry on improving. I have a consultation on the 28th of this month and will hopefully get surgery scheduled then. Hopefully my shoulder will be good by next Summer.

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2014, 01:29:22 PM »
Got about 99% of movement back in my elbow, no pain. Can do pushups and lift most things without pain. Good deal!
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2014, 08:02:54 PM »
Haha you thought you broke your elbow. Are you going to ride indoor parks this winter?

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2014, 11:29:25 PM »
Well that's what the doctors said. I doubt it's 100% right now but at least I can do everyday things again without pain. If I out a lot of stress on it, it starts to hurt.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

erenes

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2015, 07:05:55 PM »
Deep cut already healed. The ulnar nerve cut/out, some small muscles in palm dissapeared. Replaced the functions using other muscles. Feeling is ok now. The skin and the muscle slightly matted, and all internals slightly shorter, less flexible. 98% function.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2015, 07:21:41 PM »
How

erenes

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2015, 07:36:04 PM »
Slipped on a wet floor in the kitchen as I was defrosting 20 y.o. refrigerator. And when slipped away - I tried to catch anything which was a big mistake - catched doorhandle but the door opened up on me / inside. So I fell into a door, smashed the window and sticked on the glass. I was sitting in a puddle of water, ice and covering everything around with my own blood. Impaled on glass/door that stopped on the bone and loosing the blood, loosing feeling and loosing ablity to move my right hand fingers. Darwin award of the decade.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2015, 07:46:34 PM »
Shit I'm sorry that it's not even a sick story. Tell people you got mauled by a tigon or something. At least you're healing up nicely

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2015, 07:46:34 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special