Multimedia

Author Topic: I'm so bliiiiiiiind  (Read 25097 times)

Offline Stoked

• dood.sweet
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so bliiiiiiiind
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 07:14:10 PM »
Not been keeping up on this,why does it only come in 8tooth?

Can't be
Quote from: i am hollywood;3458649
The Ezra 'Q' freecoaster should be out in time to put on your 2012 christmas list

Offline peggiesmalls

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 09:50:11 PM »
Nvm sites are saying it comes in 9

Offline Thomas031

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2014, 10:00:46 PM »
Here's some pictures from Kurts coverage of Interbike this year.

Looks like the set screws on the pawl ramp piece tighten down on the bushing giving it some friction on the axle.  The pawls look like they get restricted down into the hub with a traditional pawl clip.

As long as there's more friction there at the "ramps" than the clip puts on the pawls, then everything will function fine.

The pawl ramps look like they function identical to the way the Eastern/Ezra hub works, in that as the pawls move forward they slide up on ramps on a washer next to them pushing them up to engage the ratchet ring. 

The big difference between this and the Eastern, though is that the Blind has a totally different ratchet ring that has it's teeth spaced out a lot more to allow more slack at times.  Makes me wonder though, if the slack stays consistent all the time?

Allllriiiiight.

I am going to have to look it up but it looks like a couple concepts that Sturmey Archer incorporated in their internal gear hubs- but then german-ed up a bit. I have exploded view sheets, problem is; it's going to be one of the dozens of different designs of the last 20/30 years.

Give me a day, i'll get back on this.

Mainwhile i have to agree that the high speed engaging might result in stressed parts but the lesser engagement points should help the case. Nobody really goes backwards upwards of what? 20mph? tops

If the engagement is click-on and click-off, i think the high speed engagement issue might not pose a problem at all.

With KHE i think the problem was moving your cranks while fakieing, and then suddenly engaging.
If the Blind works the way i think it does, the above might be a bit less/eliminated.

I'm stupid though.
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity" - Carlin

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2014, 10:00:46 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special